Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

£1M Fund To Encourage Taxi Owners To Upgrade To Low Emission Vehicles

johalareewi

Yeah I saw it yesterday. So, who's gonna join the queue to buy a 2 seater expensive taxi that will go 186 miles? ha ha ha

Why not ask the people who do the job? If it's lower pollution they want why not just encourage the use of lpg in the existing London taxis? That way you have the existing icon but emitting significantly lower levels of pm10's, Nox etc. It could be implemented quickly and cheaply. All new diesel cabs pay a £2,000 premium and lpg cabs don't. Simple.

Or, heaven forbid, they licence a hybrid design or even use the Volt wheelbase with a taxi 'top'? I'm sure companies out there could produce something and perhaps convert some of the purpose built taxis such as the Peugeot e7 or Mercedes Cab, but a 2 seater taxi? ha ha ha ha ha

There was a story of a guy licencing a Citroen C1 as a two seat taxi for environmental reasons. Why not buy a Prius and you get better mpg's AND can carry more passengers AND luggage? (shakes head).

And remember, there are different taxi laws in the UK. A taxi in London and other larger cities has to meet very strict and weird criteria such as the passenger being able to wear their top hat in the cab! I am classed as private hire (known as mini cab in London) so can avoid some of these mad restrictions.

I thought it was the passengers that wore the hats!

It does remind me of a computer course I went on some years ago. There were three programmers from Coutts Bank among us. One day an envelope was delivered to the most senior of them. He opened it and showed the letter inside to the others. It was an understatement to say that they looked happy.

With them somewhat under the weather in the afternoon, the rest of us discovered that the letter announced that Coutts staff, not seen by the public (such as programmers) no longer needed to wear frock coats in the office.

the letter announced that Coutts staff, not seen by the public (such as programmers) no longer needed to wear frock coats in the office.

Seems to be very topical today. Just been reading about the new UBS dress code online...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1338871/No-sexiness-city-Female-staff-ordered-wear-flesh-coloured-underwear-UBS.html

G_C in his Top Hat at the races :lol:

3543529067_2454f57c20.jpg

with a small adjustment to the binocs he could be advertising VW

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links