Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris D4D Soon Oil Maint Problem

battyb

I know what you going to say, go get you car serviced. :help:

I bought a new Toyota Auris in May 2010. After 9000km the SOON OIL MAINT.warning came on and stayed on after driving from cold for approx 10 minutes. Once the car was turned off the light went off and only came back on once driving for approx 10. minutes. I contacted the main dealer where I purchased the Auris and they said that the service interval was 15,000km and to bring it in the next time the light came on and they would reset the oil warning. I brought the car in, it was reset and the next day the same problem. I brought the car back again and left it running and 3 times they tried to reset the warning but that didn't work. The decided that they would need to keep the car for a few hours so that they could do a software upgrade and an oil change. For the first week after the software upgrade and oli change the warning came on 3 times and then stopped for approx 2 months. I have just had the car in for it's 15,000km service and every day since the service the SOON OIL MAINT appears back on the dashboard once the car has warmed up. The dealer is to say the least a little lost, Toyota don't appear to have an answer. There have been suggestions that the oil sensor is faulty but there has never been a faulty oil sensor according to my dealer. The car burned approx 3/4 of a litre of oil prior to the warning light starting at 9000km, I would have thought that new engines would burn very little oil if any. A friend has suggested that it may be a faulty oil pump and that not enough oil is getting around the engine and that I should possibly be looking for Toyota to replace the engine. Can anyone tell me have they come across anything like this with an Auris 1.4 D4D?

I'd just take it back to Toyota, say look the car is less than a year old and this is happening. Keep it till you fix it and give me a courtesy car till then? Cheers Mr T.

if you search the forum, I asked the same question, and some kind person posted the fix :D

it must be a time based warning as it doesn't know the quality of the oil,

however it does sound like your car has a problem, my own car doesn't burn any oil :S

I know what you going to say, go get you car serviced. :help:

I bought a new Toyota Auris in May 2010. After 9000km the SOON OIL MAINT.warning came on and stayed on after driving from cold for approx 10 minutes. Once the car was turned off the light went off and only came back on once driving for approx 10. minutes. I contacted the main dealer where I purchased the Auris and they said that the service interval was 15,000km and to bring it in the next time the light came on and they would reset the oil warning. I brought the car in, it was reset and the next day the same problem. I brought the car back again and left it running and 3 times they tried to reset the warning but that didn't work. The decided that they would need to keep the car for a few hours so that they could do a software upgrade and an oil change. For the first week after the software upgrade and oli change the warning came on 3 times and then stopped for approx 2 months. I have just had the car in for it's 15,000km service and every day since the service the SOON OIL MAINT appears back on the dashboard once the car has warmed up. The dealer is to say the least a little lost, Toyota don't appear to have an answer. There have been suggestions that the oil sensor is faulty but there has never been a faulty oil sensor according to my dealer. The car burned approx 3/4 of a litre of oil prior to the warning light starting at 9000km, I would have thought that new engines would burn very little oil if any. A friend has suggested that it may be a faulty oil pump and that not enough oil is getting around the engine and that I should possibly be looking for Toyota to replace the engine. Can anyone tell me have they come across anything like this with an Auris 1.4 D4D?

As your delaer doesnt seem capable or competent to fix the car ask to see the service manager. Complain. You need this fixed or you could ruin the engine, and if you have been running the car with the light on you may be considered responsible so Toyota wont pay out.

The oil mainenance light isnt an oil pressure warning light, merely a suggestion that the service is due.

It does seem soemthing is wrong here that it keeps coming back on (some RAV4 have needed new clocks to rectify the problem)

but if Toyota havent sorted the problem themselves and could be looking into it what would you expect the dealer to do without any info from the company that would authorise repair/suggestec fix?

Always keep an eye on your oil level regardless if there is a light on or not.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links