Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2008 Rav 4 Auto Whistling ?

pjtynan

Hi all, I own a 2008 2.0ltr rav 4 with 18000 miles on the clock. About three months ago i noticed that when starting off in drive the car seemed to make a whistling sound in first gear that gets louder up to the point where it changes gear and then it stops. My local dealer said that all rav 4's do it despite mine only starting at two and a half years old.

I would be interested if anybody has had anything similar and if so what was the outcome. My warranty expires at the end of Jan 2011 so if there is a possible problem I would like to get it sorted before then'

Thanks pjtynan

I have an 2008 XTR auto with a similar mileage. I have not experienced the whistling noise you describe. So far has been entirely fault free. As your warranty is nearly expiring, I would go back and insist they investigate in more depth.

Good luck, hope they sort it for you(at their expense).

Chris.

My 2008 XT3 has only covered 13,000 miles and the auto box has always been 100% silent. I have also driven a 30,000 mile example and that was also silent. I would go back to the dealer and insist they investigate, if they still won't do anything then put the fault in writing to the dealer and Toyota UK before the warranty expires. Good luck.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links