Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Rattle

RubySoho

Just derattled the left rear quarter. Damplifier on the outer skin, cut some ccf strips for around the window frame and around the sunroof drain hose. Some pieces wrapped around the fuel cap release cable. Sorry i didn't take any more pics - running out of light!

20211015_182917.jpg

20211015_182908.jpg

Identified another irritating noise source which is the front scuttle centre trim. Unclip from the bottom and apply some self amalgamating tape on the clip arms and refit. Buzz/rattle gone!

Sounds like it comes from under the clocks

• 3 weeks later...

Ok one i could never identify as i was almost never sitting in the back. The parcel shelf hits on the back of the tailgate, so a strip of 6mm foam has cured that one. Some of the came foam on the inside of the window surround pillars, along the bottom edge as per attached pics. Some fabric tape on the dash speaker cover mounting clips and some felt strips around the edge where they sit. 

20211106_132618_resized.jpg

20211106_132643_resized.jpg

On 10/18/2021 at 12:31 AM, corradovr6 said:

Identified another irritating noise source which is the front scuttle centre trim. Unclip from the bottom and apply some self amalgamating tape on the clip arms and refit. Buzz/rattle gone!

Sounds like it comes from under the clocks

Is it the digital or analog one? I too have a rattle coming from that area. 

1 hour ago, AndersL said:

Is it the digital or analog one? I too have a rattle coming from that area. 

Sorry i was unclear on that.  The noise sounds like its coming from under the clocks but it seems its outside on the scuttle trim under the windscreen.  The centre piece can be unclipped and this is typically slightly loose, which is where i applied the tape.  

On the inside, i removed the clocks (analogue) and then the buttons and put some fabric tape in between them

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links