Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

From Australia.. And I Need Help..

RUSSSN

Hey all,

Whilst looking for a Supra to buy last year I stumbled onto a rare find in Australia on eBay. A 1994 Black 6speed TT UK spec Supra Imported directly from the dealer straight to Australia in 1994.. Not knowing what I was buying at the time I bought it then later learned all this. I have run into a small problem and hope one fine Supra owner in the UK could direct me in the right direction.

Both the lights at the front were suppose to move up and down with a flick of a switch inside the cabin but finding out much later when I found the previous person the owned the car before the guy that I bought it off said that when he bought the car he had a cracked headlight and the dealer had it replaced and in the process never put the motor back on the headlight.

So in a nut Shell I'm looking for the drivers side motor that moves the head light up and down. I have the light with just the standard screw and assuming that i can just remove that screw and replace it with the motor..

any help would be greatly appreciated..

If you could e-mail me and let me know that would be great..

thank you

Daniel

russsn@gmail.com

• 7 months later...

I found this today from an Ausy cousin, why has no one answered the dude, sine I joined not long ago I would assume that since this is a Supra forum someone would have had the sobriety to answer the poor bloke or maybe we are all posers on here you know wanabie gurus? but to answer the bloke just in case he bothers to come back.

All Supra mk2 and Mk3's have automatic raising headlights. The is not a separate switch as such as the circuit is part and parcel of the on off switch for the headlights. I.E. Turn the switch one place side lights or markers as I believe the Yanks call them come on, turn it again then the headlights are lit and raise. Pulling and pushing the stalk switch switches the headlights from dip to main and back. If you lift you hood, look to the left on the right hand light and right on the left hand light you should see a sort of rubber bung. remove this, this is the position of the headlight motor. If they are present then turning the knob in any direction will manually lower and raise the light. So if a dealer has disconnected the motor, removed it whatever, then he is a ****** and shouldn't be allowed to sell or repair vehicles of this quality. Look on UK E-Bay for replacement motors as they come on here quite often. However, if you join or just go to the www.mkiiisupra.net, you will be welcomed as a valued member (no cost) and I will assure you no matter how trivial the question mat seem to you I can assure you it WILL be answered.

I hope that I have helped you regarding your query and it has put you off owning one of the world's best cars. Mine is 24 years old, I bought her new Tax free. She has covered more than 176000 kilometres, and everything on the motor, gearbox, rearaxel, i.e. mechanics including the exhaust is as from the factory. She is now showing her age and I will be restoring my darling Supra MK3 MA70 N/A to as new condition this year.

Good luck Ian Staley

Ian - Wannabie gurus and posers?

He obviously meant a mk4 supra not a mk2/3. So any advice you gave him is a waste of time as all the switches are different. :rolleyes:

You do realise that there werent many uk mk4 supras and the jap import cars dont have the adjustable headlight angle? So just maybe perhaps nobody knew the answer as all the serious supra owners are on the supra owners club and not the toyota owners club?

It really angers me when people moan on here about getting no help.

You know what? You can take your 2p Ian and shove it right up your back side mate!

We dont get paid to give advice and if nobody gave it then that because nobody knew the answer or saw this post.

If we can help then we WILL help. But there are less than 5 regular active supra owners on here... :rolleyes:

Daniel - Your best bet is to go to your local Toyota main dealer for the part. Yes it will be expensive but its going to be very very difficult to find this part in a breakers yard or on eBay.

Ian the "expert" also seems to have forgotten that the UK cars also have motors in the headlamps for the auto leveling - which IS activated by a switch in the cabin.

He probably won't be all that welcome on a MKIII supra site, as he also happens to have a MKIV

You also spelt "Poseurs" wrong.

Well done.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links