Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Re- Interior Hazard Light Not Illuminated

LCFC

Guys (And Girls)

No big deal but is it normal on a 55 plate Corrolla for the interior hazrd light switch NOT to be illuminated when all lights are on (ie your headlight!)

All my dashboard lights are illuminated except the hazard warning one.

(sorry i did use the search facility but to no avail)

Thanks in advance

the bulb has blown.

its an LED that you put in place with a screw driver.

cost me €3.50 from toyota for mine.

what model is your car ? ie, T3, T-sprit.....

roughly you need to romove gear knob,

remove ashtray,

remove dash from around gearstick,

undo 2 screws at bottom of dash behind ashtray,

pull off 1-4 heater controller and undo screw,

pull dash away from bottom,

remove hazzard light switch,

quarter turn with screwdriver to remove bulb,

reverse then to put back to normal :thumbsup:

the above is only for T2 and T3 but the other models will be very similar

it is a little messy alright, but you get used to it.

at this stage i would have the bulb replaced and everything back together in 4 or 5 minutes tops.

its sounds worse than it is really though,

you could bring it to a garage but they would probably rape you.

if i think of it i will post a pic of the bulb later, still have the old one in the car

it is a little messy alright, but you get used to it.

at this stage i would have the bulb replaced and everything back together in 4 or 5 minutes tops.

its sounds worse than it is really though,

you could bring it to a garage but they would probably rape you.

if i think of it i will post a pic of the bulb later, still have the old one in the car

Probably take me about 3 hours with alot of bleeding and swearing and ending up using a hammer!!!

Thanks again Andy.

I knew it wouldn't be as easy as stated!!!

Got the stage of taking the console out and hit a dead end,just could not remove the thing out.

It seemed to be stuck around the air con/heater region.

Any advice please?

Ive posted some images so you can see what stage i was at!

post-97509-0-01790300-1295521530_thumb.j

post-97509-0-34718700-1295521665_thumb.j

post-97509-0-29664700-1295521700_thumb.j

post-97509-0-57273700-1295521734_thumb.j

as i said above.....pull off 1-4 heater controller and undo screw,

it just pulls straight out.

also, best thing to do now is push the dash back in,

then take off heater knob,

then take off screw, (i assume you have the 2 out of the bottom at the ashtray?)

then as i said above pull the dash out from the BOTTOM :thumbsup:

as i said above.....pull off 1-4 heater controller and undo screw,

it just pulls straight out.

also, best thing to do now is push the dash back in,

then take off heater knob,

then take off screw, (i assume you have the 2 out of the bottom at the ashtray?)

then as i said above pull the dash out from the BOTTOM :thumbsup:

Ah...So i have to pull out the 0-1-2-3-4 FAN ICON control first!The middle of the 3 big round dials

(Does it matter where the dials are pointing for them to come out easier?)

No wonder the thing wouldnt budge!

Then there is a screw there to take off?

Right Andy,REALLY appreciate your help and patience,i'll try this in the morning!

Cheers again

yeap, that it, take that one off and 1 screw in behind that.

since my last post i have gone out to my car and done this exact thing as mine was gone aswell but didnt bother doing it the last few weeks.

no doesnt matter what position the knob is at when you take it off and dont worry about remembering what position its at for going back on as it will only go back on in the position it came off :thumbsup:

yeap, that it, take that one off and 1 screw in behind that.

since my last post i have gone out to my car and done this exact thing as mine was gone aswell but didnt bother doing it the last few weeks.

no doesnt matter what position the knob is at when you take it off and dont worry about remembering what position its at for going back on as it will only go back on in the position it came off :thumbsup:

BRILL!!!

The screw behind the 1-4 controller,What does it hold in place.

Like i said earlier it seems that the fan control area was where the stubborness was in releasing the whole thing.

Hopefully this screw makes it just pop out!

I'll do it tomorrow!!!

its just holding that general area.

you have to tug at it a little but yet be gentle enough.

did you get your new bulb ?

You wont believe this,but ive just done exactly what you say and hey presto the whole console popped out GREAT!

BUT there is no bulb,just a connection!!I rang Toyota Leicester up and they say the hazard warning is NOT supposed to be illuminated.Only the Aygo one is illuminated all others aint!!!

Whatcha make of that!!!

Atleast i can take out the console if anyone ever asks me to!!!

Cheers tho Andy!

My hazard light is not on ,same as yours and i took the hazard unit of to check the light bulb

Andy is right they are two led's one for hazard button and a green one for rear window heating

I will take the one for hazard button to my local Toyota dealer Monday to see if they have a replacement

My hazard light is not on ,same as yours and i took the hazard unit of to check the light bulb

Andy is right they are two led's one for hazard button and a green one for rear window heating

I will take the one for hazard button to my local Toyota dealer Monday to see if they have a replacement

Why would the dealership say its NOT supposed to be illuminated??

Thats dont make sense to me!!

Ive got to the actual switch but i cant seem to get to the LEDS as iat all seems an enclosed box!!!

This is doing my !Removed! head in!!!

How do you get the LEDS without breaking the switch!!!??

• Like 1

Ive got to the actual switch but i cant seem to get to the LEDS as iat all seems an enclosed box!!!

If you removed the switches unit from the front panel, you will have two colored little things on the side, if i remember correctly one is green, i can't remember what color is the other one (may be blue) ;)

Use a small screwdriver and turn them to the left half way ,turn the switch unit up side down and they will fell down

The green one is for rear demist and the other one is for hazard switch

I hope this helps :thumbsup:

• Like 1

If you removed the switches unit from the front panel, you will have two colored little things on the side, if i remember correctly one is green, i can't remember what color is the other one (may be blue) ;)

Use a small screwdriver and turn them to the left half way ,turn the switch unit up side down and they will fell down

Bugger,i never touched anything from the front side!

As the vicar said to the actress,i did it from behind!!!

I could do with some illustrations!!!

• Like 1

Bugger,i never touched anything from the front side!

As the vicar said to the actress,i did it from behind!!!

I could do with some illustrations!!!

I don't know how to upload pictures :rolleyes:

But once the mid console is of remove all the cables ( make sure you will remember how to put them back :))

Front panel ( mid console) completely removed ,use two flat screwdrivers and very gentley release the clips holding the hazard switch , and job done :yahoo:

Just be careful :yes: anything you do it's at your one risk ( I'm not to be blamed if you damage anything ) :excl:

• Like 1

well lad, a big F U to toyota...the half of them dont know what they are talking about.

once you get the main unit out then you need to do as 2000mira said and take out the hazzard and rear demister switch (they one big switch)

you will see how to do this when you look at it, as he said 2 flat head screwdrivers, pop it out top and bottom, can be a bit fiddly doing that but aint too bad.

then get a fairly small flat head and as i said its just a quarter turn to take it out.

and yes 2000mira was right, its the blue based bulb you want.

i would have taken pics today only for i thought you were sorted when you put the pics up earlier.

i will do it again in the morning if you need.

oh 2 things i got wrong.

1. you dont need to undo the 2 screws at the bottom, the only 1 screw you need to take off is behind the 1-2-3-4 controller.

2. they are not LEDs but standard bulbs unfortunately

• Like 1

Guys!

The good news and the bad news!!

I finally got to the stage you've both told me about and got to the little buggers!!

Took the hazzard one to a couple of my local car spares shops and none of them stock them. Toyota is about 5 miles away so will have to go someother time!

BAD news is one of the ikkle bulbs behind the fan control unit wasnt working.

Somehow got it out and got a few replacements,but could i put the ***** in??

Broke 3 and lost one down the gear area!!

Thanks for all your help guys!!

Now ive got 2 lights not working!!

Gotta laugh!!!

Why do they make these things so hard!!

yea you have to buy that bulb from toyota alright.....or when i go to my scrap yard i try and get a couple of spares :D

as for the dash bulb i just had 1 go on me about 2 years back but 1 must have gone on the previous owner as the cover that deflects the light was broke when i went to change it.

think you need to take that cover off, did you do that ?

make sure the bulb you lost doesnt interfere with the gear linkage ;)

yea you have to buy that bulb from toyota alright.....or when i go to my scrap yard i try and get a couple of spares :D

as for the dash bulb i just had 1 go on me about 2 years back but 1 must have gone on the previous owner as the cover that deflects the light was broke when i went to change it.

could make a lighter gear change.

You mean i have to take another thing off to get to that bulb???

NO!!...How'd i get that bugger off??

Think i ought to vacuum the gearage area to suck up the bulbs) that have fallen there in case??

Jees...wish i hadnt have started now!!

ok well iam after ripping my dash apart to double check.

you dont/cant take off any more.

the white surround will come off but doesnt appear to be any help from the back.

just get you fingers in or use needle nose pliers :thumbsup:

could make a lighter gear change.

I changed that bulbs with LED's on mine , but first i bought traditional once from Halfords (and they where rubish :D)

if you decide to go for LED's, than make sure that you are buying the wide beam once

and also LED's are easy to be fitted with pliers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links