Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

avensis oil change diy enjoy.

avensis_2018

today 10min of oil change, 4.2L motul out, 4.2L fresh Castrol in.

car runs like new!

enjoy. 

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-23 at 09.34.15 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-23 at 09.34.15 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-23 at 09.34.15.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-23 at 09.34.16.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-23 at 09.34.17.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-23 at 09.34.18.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-23 at 09.34.19.jpeg

• Like 4

Looks like a nice clean engine Moshe, what oil pump are you using ?

• Like 1

Thanks for this.

Oh an oil pump, that's looks a lot less hassle than jacking up the car, put it on stands and climbing under it and wrestling with the under cover. Might invest in one of these. Does it drain it completely?

Did you do the filter?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jim-p said:

Thanks for this.

Oh an oil pump, that's looks a lot less hassle than jacking up the car, put it on stands and climbing under it and wrestling with the under cover. Might invest in one of these. Does it drain it completely?

Did you do the filter?

It does not drain it completely, but what's left is minimal.  Always change the oil filter during every oil change.  You need to get under the car to access this.

• Like 1

It drains 300ml less but i change oil earlier/when ever I feel like. filter not this time.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2024 at 11:18 PM, Oisin said:

It does not drain it completely, but what's left is minimal.  Always change the oil filter during every oil change.  You need to get under the car to access this.

If I have to get in there to change the filter, may as well drain the oil.

• Like 4

I do my own oil changes and always have done with every car I have owned. I barely do 4000 miles year in recent years since 2020, but still change the oil annually. My car just went through the MOT and emissions are very low. Have not need to top up. I stick with the preferred grade of 0w20 - same 1.8 Valvematic engine as the OP. I also replace the filter since it's right by the drain plug. That's the only issue I would have with the suction systems where the oil filter is not easily accessible. Unlike canister type filters, it is less easy to check if a garage has changed the cartridge type oil filters. 

• Like 4

winter i put 0w20, summer goes with 5W30.

• Like 2

On 3/1/2024 at 5:00 AM, avensis_2018 said:

winter i put 0w20, summer goes with 5W30.

Interestingly, my car before I purchased it was always main dealer serviced. I asked for a service printout which they kindly gave me, which showed me, from new, its always been serviced with 5w/30. I have continued with that myself ever since.

• 2 months later...

hello

i have toyota avensis verso 2.0 D-4D (2003) , i use 10w40 oil type(270 000km) , am i correct ?

what type/brand is better 

• Thanks 1

You're probably fine with a 10W40 oil.

On my 2004 Corolla 2.0 D4D (152k miles) I use a 10W30 as specified in the Toyota handbook. I find I don't need to top up between oil changes. Best value I can find is a fully synthetic Mannol Energy Engine Oil (7511) which you can buy 5l for under £15 including postage. This is good spec API SN/CH-4, ACEA A3/B4 oil.

• Thanks 1

Since feb23 i changed oil 4 times already(no oil filter changed yet) 4L on each oil change, still on 0w20 and its running better then new!

Enjoy.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links