Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alarm And Remote Entry

Notebook

Hi All

Came back to my car that was parked in work. The remote wouldnt work, even though the little light on the key was lighting up when pressed. Unlocked the rav with the key, and this set the alarm off. Sat in the car and was able to start the engine and drive off. Alarm stopped around this time. Mentioned it to a colleague and he said his remote wouldnt work that day properly either ( He was parked next to me )

Anyway, that was monday. Today the same thing. Any ideas?

Thanks

Nick

I just had similar thing on my 4.1 yesterday, Battery had died in the key fob, replaced it but car still wouldnt lock/unlock with the fob.

I had to "resync" it.

Unlock car,

Get in car, doors closed, still unlocked.

Dont touch ignition

With key fob in your hand,

Hold the "lock" button down until light on fob blinks

Then while still holding the "lock" button down, press the "unlock" button and should sync.

This works for the 4.1, worth a go.

Check or change the Battery, but did it work properly when you got where you were going?

Does it only not operate at work?

I think the remote locking receiver on your is just behind the near side rear "wing".

At work, does it work if you hold the fob very close the the near side rear window and operate it?

Any new equipment been installed at work? Any new antennas gone up close to work?

If it is affecting both vehicles, it sounds like a receiver blocking problem and there is very little you can do about it other than perhaps finding the offending transmitter (even probably not then can you do much) or using the fob very close to the vehicle can sometimes help. The receivers are built down to a very low price and the performance is not that good compared with other radio equipment.

We had the exact same problem a few months ago.

We could not unlock our car on our driveway.

My girlfriend called out the AA as I was at work. He opened it with the key, drove it 200 metres up the road, and tried arming and dis-arming it. It worked fine.

Drove it back to our driveway and the fob wouldn't work again.

AA bloke said must be interference from a new mast or something.

The problem has since disappeared and not done it again.

Its a full moon tonight so it must be something about gravitational forces etc .

Cheers All

will take spare keys with me today to see if I can isolate the problem

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links