Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How to fix DRL on 3gen restyle

Hi,

on various italian forums I read that the DRL of the 3gen restyle Yaris (2017-2019) are burned out (like in photo), and Toyota doesn't want to apply warranty, and a whole headlight costs between 400 and 600€. An user has disassembled the headlight and ''there are no short circuits, the problem is that the led is not soldered and the contact sparks and burns the plastic of the light duct'' [cit.] (see photo).

Is there a solution to avoid the DRL burned or to fix the led?

281604092_10225465609939121_1976758819232794136_n.jpg

241006126_10226081345048098_298162397000016018_n.jpg

Don't recall this being a common topic subject for UK cars.

Warranty issues would be down to the respective importer - in this case Toyota Italy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2022 at 10:53 AM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Don't recall this being a common topic subject for UK cars.

Warranty issues would be down to the respective importer - in this case Toyota Italy.

That's ok, but is there a DIY solution? Or tuned headlight

• 1 month later...

I have found a tuner that mod the headlights, fixing the led strip and adding a dynamic directional lights 😄 

• 1 month later...

Hi all, 

I am having the same problem in one of the DRL LED strips of my Toyota Yaris fuel 2018. Always the one on the upper half. It has lasted 4 and a half years and indeed the cost of changing the whole headlight is super expensive (500€, Madrid Spain, official Toyota house). I have found this to be a common problem for many Yaris users both in Europe and other Toyota international forums. It is quite disappointing, If I could happily pay 500€ per headlight every 4 years I wouldn't have a Yaris.... 

2 hours ago, Verónica said:

Hi all, 

I am having the same problem in one of the DRL LED strips of my Toyota Yaris fuel 2018. Always the one on the upper half. It has lasted 4 and a half years and indeed the cost of changing the whole headlight is super expensive (500€, Madrid Spain, official Toyota house). I have found this to be a common problem for many Yaris users both in Europe and other Toyota international forums. It is quite disappointing, If I could happily pay 500€ per headlight every 4 years I wouldn't have a Yaris.... 

It is difficult to repair, but is really a dumb problem: it is the solder between the chip and the base that obscures (due to the flickering of the solder) the light tube...the difficult part is to open the headlight