Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Panel Filters

lazer_mjj

Are there any companies producing panel filters that will drop straight into the standard airbox for the T180s? Ideally would want a cotton filter that isnt oiled

Is the 2.2 filter the same size as the other auris models?

Most companies like K&N or Green will offer the panel filter, you just have to do a bit of googling to see who offers what, but in all honesty you are better off buying a tank of fuel with the £40+ it would probably cost you.

Most companies like K&N or Green will offer the panel filter, you just have to do a bit of googling to see who offers what, but in all honesty you are better off buying a tank of fuel with the £40+ it would probably cost you.

yes your right.makes sence.

Ive used K&N and Green before but only on NA cars, generally oiled filters on a turbo car isnt advised amongst us GT4 owners. The filters on the auris seem really restrictive in comparison to my apexi one i have on the GT4 and am convinced it is aiding the lowdown lag on the T180. Ive found K&Ns for 1.4D and 2.0D but not the 2.2D, do you know if they are all the same size and shape?

I couldn't tell you what size they are to be honest, i suppose the best way is to find a pic of an engine of both cars to compare the airbox shape?

I would be surprised if the filter would help with the lag on the 180 engines, its just a matter of getting the revs in the right level and it picks up pretty well.

Lag wasnt the best word I could have used, its more of a hesitation and it seems to do it at the worst possible time. The panel needs replacing anyway so it a bid to improve the throttle response I was going to try and improve its breathing and fueling with all new filters

Hesitation could be the early signs of a clogged EGR, have you checked it out yet?

On my previous VAG cars i tried a few different panel filters, and found Pipercross to be one of the better ones, not for results (i don't think there was much improvement) but because it was a dry filter and didn't put the MAF at risk with oil.

I did do a lot of research into the 'best filter' a couple of years back, and found a video where someone measured air flow through a multitude of filters, and the paper OEM one had the best results by a few microns, and as that was the only independent test (and video)i could find, i decided it was good enough evidence for me.

I now replace the standard filter more often and hoover out the muck every couple of months, and all my cars have run well.

I cleaned the EGR out about a month after I got the car so that would have been around May 2010. Car still wasnt right after that so took it back to the dealership where they decided the EGR system wasnt working properly and replaced it all under warranty. The cars only done 21k.

I did notice the other day on a cruise up the M5 that every now and again there would be a large puff of smoke from the exhaust. Normally id expect this on any car when you put your foot down but was just cruising at 80ish, wouldnt have said it was an abnormal colour but then again the glass was grubby. Is it possible it was in regen?

I haven't seen mine do this yet, so i don;t know if its a regen or not, but i would say that it sounds like it might be.

• 4 months later...

Ive used K&N and Green before but only on NA cars, generally oiled filters on a turbo car isnt advised amongst us GT4 owners. The filters on the auris seem really restrictive in comparison to my apexi one i have on the GT4 and am convinced it is aiding the lowdown lag on the T180. Ive found K&Ns for 1.4D and 2.0D but not the 2.2D, do you know if they are all the same size and shape?

K&N has panel filter for 2.2 D-4D (No. 33-2953). According to our database it's also good for 1.4 and 2.0 D-4D engines too. I just bought one last week. Fits perfectly, the engine revs up easier and power output feels more balanced with it.

I use a K&N air filter on both my Polo TDi (Almost 200k on the clock) and my Avensis T-180. I've never had a problem with the MAF and found that the car rev's very well with the both of them. I like the idea of having a re-useable filter that will last the life of the car! it could also be helping to save the Planet in some small way to :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links