Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius T-Spirit 2010

ian13

Anyone got any idea's

If I press the ECO Button twice the ECO Light goes out but with no lights showing what MODE is it in.

Pressed it tonight on way home in traffic and the heater fan speeds up when the ECO light goes off.

All three buttons do this so what MODE is it in with the lights OFF

:help: :help: :help:

Normal mode. :thumbsup:

If you select Eco mode (the green eco light comes on) the car will stay in this mode even when switched on and off until you press Eco again to deselect it. Eco reduces the accelerator feel and also reduces the heater and/or a/c fan speed to improve economy. It also switches the engine off more regularly when the car is warming up in the morning.

Power mode makes the accelerator feel more sprightly and possibly gives more voltage into the motor for a boost when overtaking etc. This mode is reset if you press the Power button again so the light goes out or when you turn the car off.

When no lights are lit, then you are in the default 'Normal' mode which is midway between power and eco.

Don't confuse the eco and power mode with the eco and power indicators on the hybrid indicator screen. :blink:

Clear as mud?

If you select Eco mode (the green eco light comes on) the car will stay in this mode even when switched on and off until you press Eco again to deselect it. Eco reduces the accelerator feel and also reduces the heater and/or a/c fan speed to improve economy. It also switches the engine off more regularly when the car is warming up in the morning.

Power mode makes the accelerator feel more sprightly and possibly gives more voltage into the motor for a boost when overtaking etc. This mode is reset if you press the Power button again so the light goes out or when you turn the car off.

When no lights are lit, then you are in the default 'Normal' mode which is midway between power and eco.

Don't confuse the eco and power mode with the eco and power indicators on the hybrid indicator screen. :blink:

Clear as mud?

Yes I understand now .. Four MODES not 3 .. Simpooooools :eek:

Sorry to bump the thread, but many thanks for a long wondered question of mine

Yes I understand now .. Four MODES not 3 .. Simpooooools :eek:

You could possibly have 6 modes because EV can be turned on and off with the other modes so...

Normal

Normal+EV

PWR

PWR+EV

ECO

ECO+EV

Not sure if EV overides the other mode setting but the light stays on.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links