Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speaker Wire Help

TOMS_TSPORT

Good Afternoon All,

I have had my TS for about 3 months now and love it! :thumbsup:

I don't want to change the standard HU because I want to keep the steering wheel controls, so I had a Parrot MK900i installed so that I could use the phone and iPod etc.

Im going to upgrade the front door Speakers and maybe the dash Speakers but I want to amp the door Speakers. (I have a 200w amp spare collecting dust)

My questions are:

Can this be done?

If so will the original speaker wire handle the wattage (100w each), or do I need to upgrade the wiring :unsure: ?

Unless you have a special amp that is designed to take "speaker output" as its input feed, you're going to struggle.

Most amps are designed to be fed with a signal source that is "line out" - i.e. a signal that hasn't already been through another amplifier.

If you try and feed the output from the existing head unit into a further speaker, then the signal strength going in will be too strong.

You'll probably find a big improvement just by swapping the Speakers, as standard Speakers are usually fairly poor quality - as is the cable - but that will be more troublesome to replace.

Ok but wouldn't that be the case for wiring an aftermarket sub to the stock HU?

Also won't the amp take the signal from th HU (however weak or strong it may be) and amplify it to it's max output (200w for one channel and 100w for 2 channel?)

So if I don't go down that route where do I connect an aftermarket sub to the back of the HU? I know it doesn't have a RCA out does it?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links