Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 2.0D - Possible Problems And Fuel Efficiency Question?

sponge55

Hi guys

I have had my auris since Thursday now and i have noticed that there is a knocking noise from the steering wheel when you rock it back and forth (clockwise/anticlockwise). Is this normal??

This one is not a problem but for best fuel efficiency, is it best to shift only when the green arrow appears or is it best to shift before it appears which seems to be around about 2000rpm?

Thanks in advance!

The arrow is a guide for best economy, so try to change up when you see it.

The steering wheel seems like it could need looking at, so get it booked in if you can.

Hi guys

I have had my auris since Thursday now and i have noticed that there is a knocking noise from the steering wheel when you rock it back and forth (clockwise/anticlockwise). Is this normal??

This one is not a problem but for best fuel efficiency, is it best to shift only when the green arrow appears or is it best to shift before it appears which seems to be around about 2000rpm?

Thanks in advance!

Hi My 2.0 D4D Disel does about 43 mpg according to the trip computer. Change up at about 2,000 revs, I find the change up light is reasonably good indicator for changing, depends how you want to drive.

No nocking noie from my steering so I would get it checked, still under warranty?

i'm averaging about 40-41mpg at the moment but i do a lot of town driving. i am changing gears around 2000 revs at the moment too.

i have had the car for not even a week so i still have 12months warranty. will book it in when i have time off work.

i hear lots of splashing sound from the fuel tank when filled to the max, is this normal??

i'm averaging about 40-41mpg at the moment but i do a lot of town driving. i am changing gears around 2000 revs at the moment too.

i have had the car for not even a week so i still have 12months warranty. will book it in when i have time off work.

i hear lots of splashing sound from the fuel tank when filled to the max, is this normal??

Mine does that too so your not the only one. Could be in the tank or in the filler pipe (I'm not sure) but it soon levels out and stops. Maybe someone else here can shed some light on this for us :)

• 4 months later...

Hi guys

Thanks in advance!

Did you ever find out what the knocking in the steering wheel was? I have the same problem. I have just purchased 08 2.0 D4D Auris T Spirit. I like the car but didn't realise how bad fuel economy was. The computer is reading 34MPG at the minute. I also have a passat which is averaging 51MPG!!

Hi guys

Thanks in advance!

I have had my Auris 2L D4D (2007 Auris T Spirit) for about 6 months. When I got it MPG was about 39 mpg. I thought it should be better and it has steadily improved until now and is 47-48 MPG. I change up at about 2000 rpm, and use regular diesel. I did use the expensive super diesel and it does seem to have helped clean it up. I do find it noisy when cold, and a bit slow ( this is my first diesel) but for general motoring I think it is very good. Apart from fuel I havent had to pay for any repairs, so well done Toyota. AND I think the keyless start is great.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

Thanks in advance!

around town i am getting about 47 - 48 mpg and on a run it usually sits around 55 mpg. did a trip to london at a steady 70 mph and it crept up to 62 mpg. all these figures are according to the computer.

around town i am getting about 47 - 48 mpg and on a run it usually sits around 55 mpg. did a trip to london at a steady 70 mph and it crept up to 62 mpg. all these figures are according to the computer.

the computer is usealy optomistic and you cant rely on it for a true indication of your fuel consumption. but there will be someone claiming theirs is spot on. which isnt impossible.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links