Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Starlet Sportif Door Strips Fitting And Removal

Miyagigoose

Hello everyone im new here! just a little info help needed -

I am replacing the drivers side door on my starlet sportif 97' (3 door) due to lock damage.

I have managed to get a complete door from another car which is also white the same as my car.

The only difference is the replacement door does not have the grey plastic rub strip on it like the original door does and id like to swap that over.

I have no idea how the strip is fixed to the original door (bonded or clipped) so it would be handy to know and also what the best way of removal is without bending it or damaging it

secondly - on the replacement door there is the crease line in thedoor where the rub strip is on my old door but there are no holes there where rub strip would fasten to it. is this the same under the rub stip on the original door? (is it just bonded on in the crease to line it up or somthing similar...

cheers, all help much appreciated!

the strips are bonded on to the crease line no holes or clips and yours will look the same if you take the strip off, the strip should peel off in one go if you do it slowly you would need bonding stuff to put it back on with though (buy a new one) or take the one of the other door so that the doors match and you dont have rub strips on :)

hope this is some kind of help

Thankyou for the reply! im glad to hear its just bonded on :)

now knowing this information i did plan on just bonding the strip back on the new door, but if i bought a new strip im guessing they are already bonded ready to stick on? if this is the case i might go for this option depending on how much toyota want to charge me

thanks so much for you help its much appreciated

Dan (miyagigoose)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links