Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

D4D Service

Jas16

Hey, I went ahead with servicing the D4D and everything went well until the oil filter. I didn't know that a special tool is needed to open the case. well this time i couldn't without it, tried a few different ways including wrapping a normal oil filter opener, one which is chain based, however that didn't work.

so today was a story mainly of pleasure at how easy the car is to service, basic oil, oil filter (with right tool), air and cabin filter. I've only got the cabin filter left. In previous cars, the drain plug would be covered with the plastic cover and you would have to remove the cover, basically making a simple job harder, not so with this car. also the flap to access the oil filter, why aren't all manufacturers like this

i do admit im a home mechanic and haven't worked on many cars but i also remember the old merc 190e, that was good to when it came to draining the oil since you could easily get under it without having to jack the car up

anyways getting to the point now, how expensive is this SST tool for the oil filter? and is it really worth it, i mean are there other ways to get around it?

i will call Mr T tomorrow and ask the price but seems annoying in the grand scheme of things

cheers

Jas

Cant get my head round this topic.

Do we need sepcial equipment to remove toyota avensis oil filter :unsure: ???

Cheers.

Cant get my head round this topic.

Do we need sepcial equipment to remove toyota avensis oil filter :unsure: ???

Cheers.

yes thats what i found from reading the instructions on the side of the oil filter box which i got from toyota dealership, ill get a photo up tomorrow

It's not worth risking damaging the filter.

Get yourself a filter removal cup - costs around a fiver.

Try the link below.:)

http://www.lasertools.co.uk/item.aspx?item=3595&cat=375

Can anybody please explain, how does it help to remove the filter. I know that it goes on the terminal part of filter, but how do you rotate it?

Do you need any equipment to rotate it?

Cheers.

It's not worth risking damaging the filter.

Get yourself a filter removal cup - costs around a fiver.

Try the link below.:)

http://www.lasertool...595&cat=375

Can anybody please explain, how does it help to remove the filter. I know that it goes on the terminal part of filter, but how do you rotate it?

Do you need any equipment to rotate it?

Cheers.

Hi Sam, I think you will find it fits over the filter housing and then you insert a square drive wrench into the hole at the bottom.

Pete.

If you are removing the filter and discarding it you could go old school and ram a screwdriver through it and use that as a lever. It has to go right through both sides. The proper tools are the best though. A lot cleaner and much more straightforward.

• 1 month later...

If you are removing the filter and discarding it you could go old school and ram a screwdriver through it and use that as a lever. It has to go right through both sides. The proper tools are the best though. A lot cleaner and much more straightforward.

I just checked online and different people say different things.

Some say it is 64/14 and other says 65/14?

Kindly see earlier post

64 or 65

Can somebody please confirm whether it is 64 or 65?

Cheers.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links