Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rattles

acetip

hi al

i joined last march,but checked on this forum to see what problems to look out for before buying my auris.

the biggest complaint seemed to be rattles also easy scratched trim.

so when i took the ayris i was interested in for a road test i made sure i drove over every pothole and uneven road service to to check for rattles.

could not fault the car,other than lots of scratches.the car still runs very smoothly and silently.

will sort scratches out the spring.

my point is there seems to be very little complaints about rattles these days so toyota must have sorted the problem.

hi al

i joined last march,but checked on this forum to see what problems to look out for before buying my auris.

the biggest complaint seemed to be rattles also easy scratched trim.

so when i took the ayris i was interested in for a road test i made sure i drove over every pothole and uneven road service to to check for rattles.

could not fault the car,other than lots of scratches.the car still runs very smoothly and silently.

will sort scratches out the spring.

my point is there seems to be very little complaints about rattles these days so toyota must have sorted the problem.

The rattle issues are still there but I think most are owners have learned to live with them especially the ones under the dashboard :wacko:

Never experienced a rattle from under the dash or anywhere else for that matter. Aahh just remembered, did have a rattle but I emptied the glove box & problem cured :rolleyes:

Never experienced a rattle from under the dash or anywhere else for that matter. Aahh just remembered, did have a rattle but I emptied the glove box & problem cured :rolleyes:

The rattle from my dashboard disappears when you realease the bonnet and comes back when you shut it but can Mr T find it no way .had a few goes myself and its still there :censor: even emptied the glovebox as well ..will just have to turn the radio up :rolleyes:

I've been lucky and never heard any rattles, although that could be down to the deafening road noise from the awful factory fir tyres.

I bet that i hear all sorts of rattles once i get some quieter rubber on the wheels.

I've been lucky and never heard any rattles, although that could be down to the deafening road noise from the awful factory fir tyres.

I bet that i hear all sorts of rattles once i get some quieter rubber on the wheels.

yes dave,tyres can make a big difference,but low profile tyres dont help.

thats why i went for an auris with standerd tyres.

as having diesels many years,some with low profile,the auris is so quiet,talk about silent running.

wife left some tablets in the glovebox,the type in plastic bubbles,could hear it moving around when cornering.wondered where the scratchy sound was coming from.

the car is smart start,no keys.more than once ive got out and left engine running forgetting to to stop it.good job for the warning buzzer.the engine almost silent when ticking over once warmed up.

I thinks it more to do with the compound than the profile, as i have had much lower profiles on other cars and never experienced this amount of noise before.

Once i have the money to change all 4 at the same time i will hopefully confirm it.

I thinks it more to do with the compound than the profile, as i have had much lower profiles on other cars and never experienced this amount of noise before.

Once i have the money to change all 4 at the same time i will hopefully confirm it.

i will let you experement to find nice low noise tyres,theres conti on mine at the moment.

although that could be down to the deafening road noise from the awful factory fir tyres.

What factory fits did you end up with? My Corolla had Michelins, the Auris has Continentals, it is noisier than the Corolla but there again it does have bigger wheels & larger rubber footprint.

Any suggestions for a tyre with great stopping power yet easy on the ear?

I've always been happy with Toyo Proxes T1 R in the past. Excellent grip in all conditions, and never had a complaint with road noise when using them. The ST had lower profile tyres fitted on the 18" rims and they were quiet.

Problem is, it will cost me the best part of £450 to change them all at the same time. :crybaby:

Original tyres were Dunlop SP Sport 01.

pity they dont put a tread inside the tyre,then when the ouside wears out you could turn the tyre inside out.

forgive.

i was only kidding.

wife says ive a funny sense of humour.

• 1 month later...

I thought also that some nice rubbers will solve the problem.

My auris sr180 came with the dunlop SP sport and i always found them to noisy.

Today I changed my tyres to Michelin pilot 3 hopefully that ones will be much better than the old tyres

because there were pretty expensive.

I will let you know how it goes.

A friend of mine has same Dunlops on his Focus, and he complains also about the tyres noise.

I personally have Bridgestone turanza on auris, and they run very smooth and quiet...

My Yaris has quite a few annoying noises :lol::

- Bonnet release resonates at certain revs; Solved by wrapping electrical tape around the latch (If you do this, don't use too much or you won't be able to shut the bonnet, or if you do it will be difficult to open! :eek:)

- Driver side window makes squeaking sounds if it's open unless I roll it really far down

- Speakers rattle/buzz

- Some unidentified rattle/buzz under or possibly in glovebox

- 'Woooooooo' wind noise which gets louder and peaks at exactly 63mph

- Some weird creak from the somewhere back, also unidentified

All very minor and not noticeable most of the time due to the high road noise :lol:

• 2 months later...

Guys, First thing to check, for me anyway, was the lining at the top of the window screen. It clicks. I had a continuos click, click, click, what I thought was under the dash, behind the steering wheel. It took me months to work out it wasn't coming from there but from the top of the window where the lining is attached to the roof. The sound was travelling down the window screen hitting the dash and my brain registered it has coming from in front of me. Happy days.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links