Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gear Knob/shaft Showing

Manny-Yo

Hey, Ok so I just bought a TRD gear knob an while !Removed! it down part of the shaft is showing as shown in the image below.

Is there anyway to pull up the shaft/leather cover thingy upto the bottom of the gear knob so the shaft cannot be seen.

Thanks.

IMG_20110206_134404.jpg

Hey, Ok so I just bought a TRD gear knob an while !Removed! it down part of the shaft is showing as shown in the image below.

Is there anyway to pull up the shaft/leather cover thingy upto the bottom of the gear knob so the shaft cannot be seen.

Thanks.

IMG_20110206_134404.jpg

My shift knob too TRD leather, and has a shaft too.

Maybe short shifter from TWM not has a shaft.

Drill up into the knob if you have the B***s and the dead space to drill into.

Use a drill bit the same diameter as the inner thread it can be done I did it with a metal one I bought for mine screwed down to a perfect match :thumbsup:

Drill up into the knob if you have the B***s and the dead space to drill into.

Use a drill bit the same diameter as the inner thread it can be done I did it with a metal one I bought for mine screwed down to a perfect match :thumbsup:

Drill ?

not bad.....

mine fitted on fine all i did was move the leather up, under the leather their something like washer/ that moves up and down which can lock in to place where u want it.

mine fitted on fine all i did was move the leather up, under the leather their something like washer/ that moves up and down which can lock in to place where u want it.

Don't know about locking into place where you want it I havn't seen that.

On mine it goes in one place only, where the slot is on the shaft for it to clip onto :thumbsup:

Don't know about locking into place where you want it I havn't seen that.

On mine it goes in one place only, where the slot is on the shaft for it to clip onto :thumbsup:

what are you talking abaut?

ill take a pick tomorrow in day light and so you can how I have done mine

Take thw gaitor out and above the circle clip where you want the gaitor to sit wrap electrical tape round the gear rod it will rest on there and sit higher

anything will hold that up, ranging from tape, elastic bands, someone even used an old rubber stopper from a rollerskate.

Thanks for the replies...I'll see what I can do and report back! :thumbsup:

Manny-Yo any links for where you got the gear knob from? How much did it cost?

I bought mine off eBay for £30.

Here's the link for a brand new one on eBay.

TRD Gear

Please attached photos on how I have done mine you will the black washer thing that holds the gaiter in place next to the gear knob.

hope that helps.

I bought mine on eBay In november i think it was £20-40 cant rememeber the exact price.

post-75641-0-19962600-1297107390_thumb.j

post-75641-0-23597700-1297107420_thumb.j

post-75641-0-96722300-1297107441_thumb.j

Please attached photos on how I have done mine you will the black washer thing that holds the gaiter in place next to the gear knob.

hope that helps.

I bought mine on Ebay In november i think it was £20-40 cant rememeber the exact price.

Cheerss for the pics mate....helped :thumbsup:

Thats only for a five speed box.

They seem to be driving t3's etc.

Good thing you put the word 'gear' at the start of the topic title! :eek:

• Like 1

Probably the plastic ring clip (located inside the gaiter and onto the gear shaft) which holds the gaiter into place has un-clipped while you were placing the new knob.

Remove the gaiter and re-clip this plastic ring.

Manny thanks for the link, £70 is very expensive though! How did you manage to get it for £30? Was it second-hand?

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links