Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Corolla Verso 2006 T Spirit Dvd Screen Problem

kemikal

Hello Community,

I have recently purchased a 2006 Toyota Corolla Verso 2006 T Spirit. This comes with the standard DVD player and screens in the headrests.

I got no manuals or DVD remote with car so was wondering if some kind person can help me with the symptoms I am seeing... basically I put in a DVD and hit play on the DVD player under the seat (the DVD player lights up and the play indicator is showing), then go to the screens and press the power button on those but nothing lights up (I have seen photos of other users on the net where the power button looks lit on the screens, should I see this?). I can however see a very very dim video out put on the screen (it's so dim I have to point a torch to make out what's on screen!). Both the screens display the very dim video so I don't think both the screens are faulty, or are they? I have checked all the connections, under the seat and in the head rests and they seem fine? I can just about make out that the brightness and contrast are full on the the screens.

What can be causing the screens to be so dim?

Do I need the remote to turn up the brightness on the DVD player?

Could it be a power issue? Am I suppose to see the power button light up on the screens?

Have other owners seen these symptoms?

I am hoping someone will tell me that I just need to get hold of a remote and adjust some settings, being my first Corolla Verso I don't know where to look.

Please, please help me. I have searched the forum, the net but can't find the answers.

Not sure why both monitors should show same condition but you can adjust them individually.

Here are the instructions from the manual.

Switch on the monitor by pressing the on/off button, that's the bottom one, then press the menu button, that's the one between the up/down arrows. You will now be on a creen that allows you to adjust brightness,contrast etc.

Before you make individual adjustments you try selecting reset on this same page. Use the menu button again to select your individual choice.

Wait approx 6 seconds to exit from the settings menu.

If the monitor has been inactive for a long time the screen goes into sleep mode. To reactivate:-

1. Switch on the monitor

2. Wait 5 seconds

3. Switch off the monitor by holding down the on/off button for 5-6 seconds

4. Repeat these 3 steps (max 10 times) until monitor reactivates, if it does not, contact Toyota dealer

Unable to give you any more advice so hope you might have some luck with this.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links