Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Mk2 Real Load Space?

Gribble

Mk 1 5dr auto great for private use living in the country. But we now have to go to outdoor business shows several times per year, carrying a pop-up tent which we can only get in the Rav by unbolting and removing the rear seats, which is a pain. We are considering getting the Rav mk 2 5 dr auto but need to know:

1) Can the rear seats really be removed without a lot of hassle?

2) If so, how much un-interrupted load space ie length x breadth is there?

3) Do we have to go for a CRV with their clunky auto instead?

Welcome to the forum and this section.

Tears run down my eyes at the thought of there being an unloved 4.1 out there. Does the RAV4 4.1 Owners trust know about this??

I found the Rear seats will come out quickly on the 4.1 just with a Battery driver and socket. On 1 car I leave the rear seats out so it avoids having to give people free lifts.

Yeah, the rear seats do come out of a 4.2 really easily & go back in almost as quickley. I have a 3 door so its either passengers or dive kit. Or three divers and a piece of board proped up by the side of one rear seat & kit to the roof in place of the second rear seat!! The seats are fairly heavy. but if they are gona be comfy they are gona be heavy. Take a trip to a dealer and pretend to be a prospective buyer, I'm sure they will let you try taking out the seats. Whilst you are there you can test drive both Petrol & Diesel, You'll not buy the Petrol!!!!!!!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links