Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

97 Starlet

dohertydeano

I got a 97 black starlet 2 weeks ago and im going to get it cleaned and fixed up.

im going to be changing the engine and gearbox oil, fuel filter, brake fluid, rear shoes, timing belt and clutch.

First though i wanted to getting looking decent, so i changed the old metal plates to new plastic ones for a start.

Then i worked on the paint.

Here the car when i bought it.

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e2633627300ff4b75389ebf072c68e25f77247.jpg

SSL28719.jpg

SSL28720.jpg

SSL28721.jpg

Heres the bonet half done.

started of with a good wash. Then used safe cut to polish the paint work and take out some of the lighter scratches and swirl marks.

SSL28714.jpg

There was a lot of scuf marks, scraps and chips on it which you can see on the left.

SSL28715.jpg

Heres what it looked like after using the safe cut.The new plate makes a big differance to the front to.

SSL28716.jpg

SSL28723.jpg

SSL28724.jpg

SSL28725.jpg

SSL28726.jpg

SSL28728.jpg

Then i used turtle wax colour magic to wax and polich the car. This comes with a stick of black wax to touch up medium scraps and chips but it is no good on black cars. Used on a red clio before and i did an ok job.

SSL28730.jpg

It was getting dark after i waxed it so the pics ant to good. they dont do it any justic.

SSL28734.jpg

SSL28737.jpg

SSL28739.jpg

The last thing i am doing is fixing the chips in the paint. Im doing thing with a color pen from Halfords. It is fulled with black gloss paint and has a small nib for fulling the chips and also has a very fin brush for deep scrapes. Havent finished this yet as there are a lot of chips on this car.

One side of bonet before

SSL28748.jpg

SSL28747.jpg

After

SSL28752.jpg

SSL28751.jpg

Ill be finishing this job of at the weekend, then im going to give the car a rely good wash and wax. Ill post pic then of the finished job.

OK so i washed the car again and then filled in a many of the chips as i chould, took a long time, you have to be careful not to put to much paint in one chip as it will leave a small bump.

I gave the car a realy good waxing then.

SSL28808.jpg

SSL28809.jpg

And here is the finished job, came out ok. Just need to try and get rid of some of the dints now.

SSL28811.jpg

SSL28813.jpg

SSL28815.jpg

SSL28816.jpg

And to top it all of, as soon as i finised and took a step back to look at the car, a F**king bird took a **** on it.

SSL28817.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links