Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Finally Picked Up My Auris

D0gma64

Hi everyone,

Well after a 2 week wait, I finally picked up my Auris today, a 57 plate T180 with 21k on the clock.

Really enjoying it so far, and look forward to being on the forums. Have read a lot of the forums over the last 3 weeks and got some good info. One thing I did notice that was since I've been waiting to collect mine I haven't seen any other Auris' on the road, guess there just aren't that many about.

Any way, lets start doing what I'll be doing a lot of on here.....asking questions!

I noticed when checking out my compressor and tyre glue :unsure: that the trim plate inside the boot below the locking catch has been cut all the way across, what is the bottom edge like and any ideas why someone would want to cut it off?

post-104851-0-10797100-1297543685_thumb.

Kingo could you please PM me with a quote for an armrest thanks.

Maybe the rear bumper was replaced and they forgot to put it back on. :wacko:

Don't think so, the long piece of trim has definitely been cut and the metal bodywork underneath all looks factory fresh. To replace it just needs the 2 load point loops unscrewing I think, but god knows what Mr T will charge for a 2 foot long piece of plastic!

Is the car under warranty? Just take it back and say you want it fixing for free

From the picture & your text this trim has been deliberately cut, presumably by the previous owner? It is therefore not a faulty part that can be claimed for under warranty imo.

Was it like this when you first looked at the car, or have you only just noticed it?

I only just noticed it when looking under the boot floor and I presume it was done by the previous owner. I can see that the only real time it will be an issue is when leaving something small that can move about in the boot, well a least when it goes missing I know it will probably keeping the compressor busy under the floor. :blink:

Still I suppose I will never know why they did it, obviously they had a reason, but what it was.........?

I guess the previous owner had installed a full spare tire.

I also had to trim that piece of plastic when i put a full spare in my booth.

I guess the previous owner had installed a full spare tire.

I also had to trim that piece of plastic when i put a full spare in my booth.

Shame...

Do some UK models not have a low profile spare tyre & instead have one of these inflator things in the boot?

If so I'm curious to know which models and can anyone throw light on why Toyota went down this route? Seems very strange to me!

I have to ask out of curiosity and the fact we are currently waiting some quotes on a CRZ (new and used) what did you pay for the T180 and do you have the sat nav and was it a Toyota dealer?

£8900 which with the low mileage made it a great price, plus it came with factory installed Satnav etc (TN700)

Wasn't from Mr T but from a major garage group.

At least it seems I now know why the trims been chopped off :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links