Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Economy Problems.... (E12) Corolla!

Adam786

I own a 2006 Toyota corolla 1.4 colour collection and seem to be getting quite poor fuel economy considering the size of the engine.

I get approximately 350 miles on a full tank of petrol

My engine has a slight ticking noise to it if this has any part to play in the fuel consumption.

Please could owners of the 1.6 or 1.4 corolla tell me how much they get on a full tank of petrol or what there economy is like. I really need an indiciation

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks :)

first port of call is a full service.

oil/oil filter, air filter, check the plugs over, check your tyres (wear and pressure).

first port of call is a full service.

oil/oil filter, air filter, check the plugs over, check your tyres (wear and pressure).

Had a service just 500 miles ago, air filters, fuel filter, oil drain everything was completed. I just want to know if im getting the same economy as other corolla drivers are getting?

that might be about right to be honest, depending on what sorta driving you're doing 'fella.

I get about 400 on average, 450 if I'm doing mostly motorway.

I recommend getting some fuel cleaner and sticking it in the tank, helped me squeeze some more miles out of it :)

Just serviced the rolla and on the first tank since doing it, just before halfway and @ 218.7 miles, so times by 2 and that's about 440.

very much doubt i'll hit that though.

Ignore what the gauge says, brim to brim is the only way to tell.

It all depends on how the car is driven. i.e. if you have a heavy foot the consumption will be increased.

If you mostly drive in town your consumption will be increased (in comparison when driving on a motorway).

If you mostly carry extra persons with you (i.e. your family) or generally carry extra weight on the car, then the consumption will be increased.

In general the 4zzfe engine is a very good engine with low consumption. However, taking in mind that the engine lacks power on the low revs and works better in higher revs, especially the addition of extra weight causes dramatic change in the fuel consumtion.

I own a 2006 Toyota corolla 1.4 colour collection and seem to be getting quite poor fuel economy considering the size of the engine.

I get approximately 350 miles on a full tank of petrol

My engine has a slight ticking noise to it if this has any part to play in the fuel consumption.

Please could owners of the 1.6 or 1.4 corolla tell me how much they get on a full tank of petrol or what there economy is like. I really need an indiciation

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks :)

As Old Red Celica says you need to check the consumption by filling brim to brim and then averaging those figures over 3 or 4 tank fulls to get a true figure.

Your CC should have the mpg display to give you an idea of the running figure - reset it each time you fill up.

However find mine gives on average 2-3 mpg lower than what the brim to brim method returns.

Get about 38-39 mpg from mixed town and motorway driving - if you are doing mainly rush hour crawls then it could be way lower.

The engines can sound a bit ticky as they have a timing chain instead of the quieter rubber belts, small price to pay for the big job of regulalry changing the belts.

I dont actually drive with a heavy foot at all, and on the instant fuel consumption read out at a constant 75mph its getting around 38-40mpg depending on the gradient of the road, Is this about correct?

From what i can see my fuel economy is slightly lower than other 1.4 4zz-ge users

I thought fuel filter does not ever need changing on vvt engines. Did you have to replace it with fuel pump together?

Had a service just 500 miles ago, air filters, fuel filter, oil drain everything was completed. I just want to know if im getting the same economy as other corolla drivers are getting?

I thought fuel filter does not ever need changing on vvt engines. Did you have to replace it with fuel pump together?

The fuel filter was a mistake i meant pollen filter, But i still think my car is getting poor economy but im not sure?

The fuel filter was a mistake i meant pollen filter, But i still think my car is getting poor economy but im not sure?

Hi,

You do not say how many miles your car has done ? - should your plugs have been changed as well, they can affect mpg.

As do different tyre makes and pressures, possibly a slightly binding handbrake or something like that all contribute to bring down the mpg.

These are the official mpg figures which are done on a rolling road so its virually impossible under normal drivng to even get close to those figures. If you are not far off these then you are doing well.

Car MPG & CO2 Info : TOYOTA Models : Corolla : MPG and CO2 Info for 1.4-VVT-i-3-and-5-door

TOYOTA Corolla MPG information, CO2 emissions and more:

Transmission: M5

Engine Size: 1398.00 cc

Fuel Type: Petrol

MPG Urban: 33.60 mpg

MPG Extra-urban: 49.60 mpg

MPG Combined: 42.20 mpg

CO2 Emissions: 159.00

1.6 Figures for interest

Car MPG & CO2 Info : TOYOTA Models : Corolla : MPG and CO2 Info for 1.6-VVT-i-3-and-5-door

TOYOTA Corolla MPG information, CO2 emissions and more:

Transmission: M5

Engine Size: 1598.00 cc

Fuel Type: Petrol

MPG Urban: 31.40 mpg

MPG Extra-urban: 47.90 mpg

MPG Combined: 40.40 mpg

CO2 Emissions: 168.00

I get around 360 - 380 miles from a tank full before I get the light. I don't fill up very often, unless I'm doing a long trip. Put 20 litres in at a time these days. Less weight to carry around.

2005 Corolla T3 1.4

38 - 40 mpg is what i roughly get aswell at 70. although my fuel consumption is reallly crap hahah i have a heavy fooot :D lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links