Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Headlight Bulbs Does A 07 Auris Take

mad midge

Hi I need to kno what bulbs to get for my auris as the standard ones are poor. If anyone has any links to where they got there's it would be appreciated. Also are they easy to change.

Thanks Chris

Dipped beam are h11

on my Avensis which I suspect is similar I went for Osram Night-breaker for dipped & Philips X-treme Power for main beam.

Light within the beam pattern area improved noticeably but there was no real improvement in range (suspect that's a lens design issue).

High beam are HB3 if i recall.

AVOID Ring xenon Max 100% if you are planning on buying new bulbs. I tried them and binned them last weekend after a total of 3 weeks of using them. Very poor light from them, and the pattern was random on High beam.

I have had Osram in the past on different cars and found them to be excellent, but i now have Phillips blue vision in my High beams, and they are much better.

High beam are HB3 if i recall.

AVOID Ring Xenon Max 100% if you are planning on buying new bulbs. I tried them and binned them last weekend after a total of 3 weeks of using them. Very poor light from them, and the pattern was random on High beam.

I have had Osram in the past on different cars and found them to be excellent, but i now have Phillips blue vision in my High beams, and they are much better.

How easy was it to replace the bulbs?I have been wanting to upgrade my bulbs but the about of plastics under the bonnet puts me off :D

To be fair, its not too bad.

The plastics are easy to remove (probably the easiest part of the job) so don't let them put you off.

The hardest part is getting to the bulb if you have big hands, and twisting them to lock them in once you have swapped them over.

The first time i did it each bulb took me about 20 mins as i could not get them to sit right and twist back in.

When i changed them over again last weekend they took no more than 5 mins each.

Just remember NOT to touch the glass part of the bulb or you could ruin them.

Thanks Dave,bad news I have big hands bit I would love some Osram Night-breaker because the standard bulbs are not that great when its really dark.

My hands aren't small and i managed, but it was a frustrating job.

The passenger side was easiest so i leave that side to last, and get the drivers side done first.

If you remove the little clip holding the washer filler neck in place, you can move it across slightly to make the job easier.

Don't be put off by it, have a look under the bonnet when you get a spare 5 mins and see if you can physically tough the bulb. If you can, then you will be able to change it, just allow plenty of time for the job in case it takes longer than you would expect.

How do you remove the plastic cover? Are there screws or is it pop off?

Niet. The engine cover only, which was a simple pull off - i will post pics in the thread.

I see.

If you look along the plastic covers there are some 'rivet' like plastic pegs. Simply push the centre in and they are loosened off, then pull the cover up gently and remove the pegs.

Its really simple, but quite easy to loose one if your not careful with them.

Thanks for the advice, I've lost an allen key into the abyss of an engine bay before so I aim to avoid repeating it on the auris...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links