Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Unlocking Via Mobile Phone!

harrypotter:)

Has anyone heard or done this??? someone from my work had driven 500miles to a important meeting and got caught out from a car with auto delayed lock with keys on seat locking him out. After phoneing wife from mobile he told her to hold spare blipper to mobile whilst he directed antener to car and it unlocked when his wife activated it!!!!! is this poss though??? tried on aygo+prius but nothing let this be a interseting saturday experiment explore :eek:

Has anyone heard or done this??? someone from my work had driven 500miles to a important meeting and got caught out from a car with auto delayed lock with keys on seat locking him out. After phoneing wife from mobile he told her to hold spare blipper to mobile whilst he directed antener to car and it unlocked when his wife activated it!!!!! is this poss though??? tried on aygo+prius but nothing let this be a interseting saturday experiment explore :eek:

Heard about this before.... I believe it may well be one of those urban myths, more true in the spreading than the fact

As far as I can tell it is not possible to lock the keys in the car.... I have put my keys on my seat and tried to lock the car and it simply beeps at me. I have also tried leaving the keys there and still it will not lock itself. The Prius locking system is the same as my Avensis so I suggest the outcome would be the same :yes:

With my experience in mind I am secure that the car will not lock itself when the keys are inside :huh:

And most definitely not possible in the Prius as you can't lock it with the keys on the seat ;-) I know I tried unintentionally.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links