Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Throttle Delay

windystu

Hi,

New to this forum and new to the Auris. Just taken delivery of a used (57) 1.6 T3 with which I am so far pleased. However, there is a delay in response when both accelerating and de-accelerating. Is this something I have to get used to, or a fixable service job please?

Grateful for any comments.

windystu

If it was the Diesel I would say turbo lag, however you have a petrol correct? If so try to be smooth at putting your foot down as slamming it down will just dump more fuel in through the injectors and the air flow will not increase at the same rate, giving a small amount of lag - had the same issue with the old Renault Megane.

unlike older cars which has got a throttle cable the auris dont have, its fly by wire, and there is a delay in which the motor will open the butterfly valve, and its the same when releasing the pedal to slow the car, the motor will return to its closed postion.

you will in time get used to this

This "problem" can be fixed by buying an aftermarket throttle controller... It is programmed to make your car act like if it had cable controlled throttle pedal!

This "problem" can be fixed by buying an aftermarket throttle controller... It is programmed to make your car act like if it had cable controlled throttle pedal!

Hi all, many thanks for the responses. Couldn't reply sooner, been in hospital for shoulder op. Meanwhile my wife loves the car and will be the main driver for a while. I'm sure I'll get used to the throttle action.

Cheers,

Windystu

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links