Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Go Replacing Stock Cd Player

WAYNEOLEEDS

looking at swapping the stock cd player for my current aftermarket dvd player..

of course i dont wire it up properly so that i can have it playing whilst my handbreak is off but would it mess about with the sat nav / blutooth?

cheers

wayne

of course i dont wire it up properly so that i can have it playing whilst my handbreak is off but would it mess about with the sat nav / blutooth?

cheers

wayne

:huh: !!!!!

cheers

wayne

:huh: !!!!!

sorry what's confusing ??

so that i can have it playing whilst my handbreak is off but would it mess about with the sat nav / blutooth?

I' don't think so, AFAIK the handbrake is only monitored for enabling DVD and maybe some settings.

But to be sure you can allways wire in an extra switch in the wire: I did so on a friends' car:

switch had three positions: centre was allways enabled, left allways disabled and right "auto".

The switch was hidden under his dash, so he could disable the DVD-player when he let someone else drive his car.

SatNav (with assistance from the speed-pulse for tunnels and the like) still worked in all three switch-positions.

so that i can have it playing whilst my handbreak is off but would it mess about with the sat nav / blutooth?

I' don't think so, AFAIK the handbrake is only monitored for enabling DVD and maybe some settings.

But to be sure you can allways wire in an extra switch in the wire: I did so on a friends' car:

switch had three positions: centre was allways enabled, left allways disabled and right "auto".

The switch was hidden under his dash, so he could disable the DVD-player when he let someone else drive his car.

SatNav (with assistance from the speed-pulse for tunnels and the like) still worked in all three switch-positions.

Hi Jan !

So basically if i replicated the wiring thats going to the STOCK stereo onto my DVD headunit it wouldnt affect the ability to use the Aygo go's satnav bluetooth system?

you can wire it up without doing it to the handbrake. Halfords done it to mine when i had one of those aftermarket headunits. the only other way you install it is to say that the screen is to also be used as a satnav

you can wire it up without doing it to the handbrake. halfords done it to mine when i had one of those aftermarket headunits. the only other way you install it is to say that the screen is to also be used as a satnav

so you know its a ripspeed 733 .. have you done this already or is it a straight swap?

you can wire it up without doing it to the handbrake. halfords done it to mine when i had one of those aftermarket headunits. the only other way you install it is to say that the screen is to also be used as a satnav

so you know its a ripspeed 733 .. have you done this already or is it a straight swap?

mine was done as a straight swap, as Halfords said it took too long to wire it to handbrake. as long as you have the panel bit

So basically if i replicated the wiring thats going to the STOCK stereo onto my DVD

headunit it wouldnt affect the ability to use the Aygo go's satnav bluetooth system?

AFAIK you don't even have to connect the wiring to the new stereo to get it to work...

You need to plug in the ISO-plugs to get oower to the SatNav and to get its sound on

one of the front Speakers, the mini-ISO's (Green, Yellow and Blue) feed music from the

SatNav (which it gets from the USB- or iPod-connectors) to the stereo and also

include a serial connection which allows the stereo to control playback AFAIK...

But that's all "book-knowledge", no firsthand experience...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links