Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina 2 Steering Rack

ad_jack

hi guys, bit new to all this. i'm looking for a steering rack for my father's car. it's the power steering that has gone and has been told he needs a complete steering rack but he needs to order the part himself.

any help would be much appreciaited

I think you can even use the ST162/182 rack. Toyota in their wisdom made alot of patrs the same on the ranges within the same years and sometmes with later years.

excellent news! So a steering rack for the fourth generation Toyota Celica ST162 or the fifth generation Toyata Celica ST182 should fit my carina 2 with no modifications?

Sorry if these are stupid questions its that it's my fathers car and he cant find the part he needs and is completely computer illiterate so i offered to find the part but i myself am completely car illiterate!

I've been doing a bit of research and the ST162/182 you mention refers to the chassis code? am i right?

So ST162 being the Toyota Celica 2.0 GT and the ST182 is the Toyota Celica GT-R?

awesome thanks i'll give them a ring on monday.

jeffrosie, do you know which steering rack will fit a carina 2?

• 1 month later...

New steering rack is fitted and the car is running fine :) i have now run into a new problem though!

I am having difficulty finding a workshop manual. I can find manuals for carina II 1988 onwards only, i need one for 1987. Any ideas?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links