Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Petrol Gauge

atlantian

Ok so I filled the car up yesterday have only covered 17 miles and yet its 1 bar down already on the gauge could there be a fault with the gauge, I mean it was real full because I usually fill till clicks then usually get an extra couple of quid in the tank. Strange one i know but anyone else ever had this....

Never had this problem, not sure how it calculates the level of fuel, a trip to MrT may be in order if you're getting bad MPG?

Knowing Toyota, it probably isn't faulty :)

Why not wait for a few more miles to be covered, then fill up again. Was it your usual garage... level surface and all.

If it still reads incorrectly then first thought is to disconnect the Battery for half an hout or so to give the electronics a "reset".

On my Auris I can cover nearly 150 miles or more before the top bar goes out... which in itself means it's not accurate of course.

In mine its roughly 2 gallons before I lose the first bar, that is if I filled to the brim.

Filled it up at Morissons as I usually do, cheapest place at the moment, usually get 80 odd miles out of it before it starts to move, prob the pump not working properly when filling it up will have to see how it goes, its booked into Mr T this friday for them to look at squeeky brakes so will let them know then. !Removed! price of petrol these days its like liquid gold so want to get every miles worth out of petrol.

I'd suggest that, for whatever reason, you didn't fill the tank as full as you usually do. I'd check it out again after you have done about 50 miles. You may save yourself a trip to the dealer.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links