Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting A Spoiler

Crasstoe

Looking to get my mits on a SR spoiler, now I have found one, in red, for a reasonable sum from a scrappie, can I ask how hard are these to fit? And how do I remove the old standard one to fit this one? And how does it fit?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi

I fitted one on My corolla a couple of years ago. It came with a tube of black adgesive gunk lol. you can screw them on but i wouldnt suggest doing this as if its not sealed properly will start to corrode. before applying the adhesive make sure the paint work is cleaned down with white spirit or tar remover. To apply good even pressure what i did was cut 3 pieces of wood to sit between the roof of the car and the garage ceiling. this allowed good even pressure which i could use for a few hours. You may laugh but it worked spot on. The spoiler I had was a new genuine toyota one and came with there adhesive.

Thanks

Carl

Looking to get my mits on a SR spoiler, now I have found one, in red, for a reasonable sum from a scrappie, can I ask how hard are these to fit? And how do I remove the old standard one to fit this one? And how does it fit?

Thanks in advance :)

HI

you get full instructions on removing and fitting the spoiler on www.toyota-tec.it under accessories fitting for auris/corolla..

a genuine toyota spoiler is not stuck on,a least the auris ones not.

your lucky

,i been looking out for a auris spoiler at scrappies,but auris write offs are short on the ground.

I got a genuine one off eBay, brand new £90 but its the wrong colour. Still £300 cheaper than Mr T

Have a link? That is crazy cheap!

Think it was a one off, I got a mate to pick it up for me as it was in manchester. He said when he got there it was a lockup full of new random car parts. Im asking no questions

Fair enough, any idea where to get Toyota Paint from if I get one which is in the wrong colour? (its cheaper :D )

Fair enough, any idea where to get Toyota Paint from if I get one which is in the wrong colour? (its cheaper :D )

as the spoiler is not a large area to spray,could be done with aerosol paint.would need plenty over base coat to stop

original paint colour spoiling finish.

does mr t do aerosols.

I got a genuine one off ebay, brand new £90 but its the wrong colour. Still £300 cheaper than Mr T

If only i was that lucky.well done.

Right the scrabbie selling me his spoiler also has some tasty alloys... can people confirm if these require spigot rings to fit a TR 2.0D4D? And are they 17"... certainly look it?!

!BuGn1-QCGk~$(KGrHqYOKi4EvPuvufdVBL-8kbVkGQ~~_12.GIF

Waiting to hear back as to the tread on the tyres and if the alloys are still straight and not buckled...

Right the scrabbie selling me his spoiler also has some tasty alloys... can people confirm if these require spigot rings to fit a TR 2.0D4D? And are they 17"... certainly look it?!

Waiting to hear back as to the tread on the tyres and if the alloys are still straight and not buckled...

the spoiler fits all the auris, it's caught in 4 screws (actually you have to remove 4 nuts); the wheels are 17" , almost sure, but the front left one I can't bet it's in good condition...

the spoiler fits all the auris, it's caught in 4 screws (actually you have to remove 4 nuts); the wheels are 17" , almost sure, but the front left one I can't bet it's in good condition...

rang local large scrappie to ask if they had a sport spoiler,no luck,and no auris in stock.they gave me the number of another scrappie,they had juat sold one for £30.0.excuse me while i go and have a sulk.

There are a few of these about, but parts go so quickly! I'm hoping the interior is in good nick, may try and get a Sat Nav if it has it :D :D :D :D

There are a few of these about, but parts go so quickly! I'm hoping the interior is in good nick, may try and get a Sat Nav if it has it :D :D :D :D

you said the spoiler your getting was red,but picture shows black.is this a different car with a sports spoiler.

Sat nav will be a big fit as it includes a different steering wheel and in car mic etc for the phone, my advice buy a good smart phone or tomtom as the sat nav was not that good due to not doing a full postcode and certainly not worth the hassle, sorry if this is not what you want to hear but its true other than that it does look smart in the dash.

• Like 1

If they have one I'll grab it, if I don't like it sell it on. They are like pixie dust after all ;)

Forgot to say the spoiler is a very easy fit but when I fitted ours I applied some double sided foam tape to where the spoiler sits on the glass because with out it I got the impression it would rattle or mark / scratch the glass which would be seen if ever removed.

Forgot to say the spoiler is a very easy fit but when I fitted ours I applied some double sided foam tape to where the spoiler sits on the glass because with out it I got the impression it would rattle or mark / scratch the glass which would be seen if ever removed.

in the fitting instructions on toyota tec site there mention of what i think was some sort of mastic installed between spoiler and roof/glass.

in the fitting instructions on toyota tec site there mention of what i think was some sort of mastic installed between spoiler and roof/glass.

Well when I fitted ours which was brand new in the box from Toyota this did not come with it for sure

The fitting kit with mine has a foam strip that sticks to the spoiler and 4 bolts thats all. If you go onto the Toyota website you can download fitting instructions

The fitting kit with mine has a foam strip that sticks to the spoiler and 4 bolts thats all. If you go onto the Toyota website you can download fitting instructions

yes but that foam goes across the edge of the spoiler where it meet the hatch on the roof etc, there is no tape for where the spoiler meets the glass so I used this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170569811273&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

• 2 weeks later...

Did you take the alloys from here? If not, what did they want for them and where are they based? I am very interested as I have the same wheels

It was £450 for all 4 wheels inc. tyres, and the spoiler. Based in Birmingham and I pulled out in the end (new months bills have just come in!).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links