Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hello

LadyDG

Hi, I am new to this forum and looking to purchase a new Toyota Aygo!!!

The reason why I am looking at the Euro Ncap as my husband and I are expecting our little baby son in May.

As going to be a mother, I just want to make sure that we are getting the best for our money and that will be good in a crash.

I am not aiming to be in a crash, but incase of the worst case scenario.

What is the Toyota Aygo like with a baby seat and living with this as a family car, is 5 door best?

Thank you and look forward to the feedback.

Hi, I am new to this forum and looking to purchase a new Toyota Aygo!!!

The reason why I am looking at the Euro Ncap as my husband and I are expecting our little baby son in May.

As going to be a mother, I just want to make sure that we are getting the best for our money and that will be good in a crash.

I am not aiming to be in a crash, but incase of the worst case scenario.

What is the Toyota Aygo like with a baby seat and living with this as a family car, is 5 door best?

Thank you and look forward to the feedback.

hi again LadyDG.

thrers answers to you questions been put in the introduction forum.

If you intend using the back seats on a regular basis 5 door is the only option - we bought a five door when our daughter arrived and it has been excellent.

My daughter's headmistress has just swapped her three door for a five door as it was a pain when people needed to get in the back as the front seats don't return to the same position after you have folded them forward.

Distance from steering wheel and backrest both need adjusting.

Ensure you get a pram which fits in the boot - or one where the chassis can fit in the boot and the seat is also the car seat.

I can vouch for it being great in a crash as I have majorly crashed my Aygo twice and the airbags went off the first time and the seatbelt tensioner is also great (pulls you into the seat on impact). All in all good ol' Aygo has been patched up a few times now great as always.

Welcome to TOC LadyG...

The Aygo is a great little car, but has a tiny boot... You really need to have a good look and decide on a buggy that will fit the boot or back seat.

The 5 door would be best if you ever need to use the rear seats in earnest...

The AYGO has a 4 star NCAP safty rating. It can be seen on youtube being tested , but NCAP test the C1 as they are all built on the same chassis.

One thing to consider is the room. I have an aygo and it does have a small boot, you would need to see if it would take the pushchair ( if you needed one) It does have ISO fix points in the rear for a child seat. I used to have a fiat seceinto when my little one was a baby and it was interesting, esp when we went to visit people, taking the mobile cot, changing gear, changing mat etc.

I have mine, as a consideration the new AYGO GO! ( which I have ) has rear tiinted windows which may help reduce sun glare on the little ones eyes

All the best with you decision

I use mine as a family car. The ISOFIX is great so long as you have a five door. The boot will take a pushchair but only about two makes fit and thats with taking the front wheel off the pram. Enough space for the four of us, no problem......

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links