Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Creaking Front Suspension

forevered

took my auris into a main dealer for its mot and a replacement alloy wheel under warranty last week (car passed no prob)

i asked them to check out a slight creaking noise coming from the front end when i make a full steering wheel lock when turning onto the road exiting my drive,i get the noise when the nearside front wheel goes up the kerb drop down and i run along the path to next doors kerb drop down to get on the road (hope that makes sense !)so im not bouncing it up the full height kerb or anything like that, i hear it just as the wheel starts to go up the drop down kerb, ive also heard it a couple of times when going very slowly over speed humps, the car has hardly ever gone over humps during its life , so i dont put the noise down to these.

the dealer took it out after the mot, and as usual couldnt get the noise to replecate itself, he didnt seem concerned by what i told him, and just said "even lexus cars make a creaking noise on full lock " anybody else had noise like this from the front end ?

I had an Audi A4 that creaked like that... but that was a known fault due to wrong/no grease in the anti roll bar drop links.

Think I have seen similar under the Auris so have a look... if so they should feel really free to pull on and move.

On the A4 it was just one of many many issues... I drilled a tiny < 1mm hole in the rubber boot on the link and used a hypodermic to inject grease into the joint. Cured it 100% with absolutely no visible sign of anything being done.

Your Auris may just have a creaky bush somewhere rather than a real problem... but a dealer should know or at least have the knowledge to make a very educated guess.

Yep, mine creaks too. 2 instances, speed humps at Liverpool Airport and when I turn up a sharp corner onto a steep hill in my road. First gear jobby.

Always comes from the nearside front. I thought it might be a bush on a torsion beam or something, if it even has one, not a clue.

Haven't done anything about it though. I just put it down to it is 4 years old and things starting to get a little dry and creaky. Don't we all.

Suedehead.

I have the mentioned creak too. My Toyota dealer says that I should expect noise from the suspension as there are so many moving parts to it. As guessed I'm not too impressed. The same person from my local dealer also told me it was normal to have white smoke out the exhaust at times due to the 2.2 D-CAT having a fuel injector and a GLOW PLUG in the CATALYTIC CONVERTER. Now if he just said it's due to the DPNR system regenerating and that there is a fuel injector in the exhaust port I would have been fine with it. But he told me this info after having a private word with a technician. The person I was dealing with was the workshop controller.

im not happy about this, so ive emailed customer relations at toyota ( still waiting for a response )when the service guy gave me my key back, he said "right all done for you sir " so it had passed its mot, new alloy under warranty, so i said what have you done to the squeaky brakes to fix them, and the same with the suspension ? he said "ere i will go and ask the tech" he came back and said "tech couldnt hear any noise from either" ( so how is that all done for you sir ?) i asked to speak to the tech, he came out and said "couldnt hear any noise" i told him the conditions under which i said it was making a noise(turning right after coming off my drive going up the drop down kerb, going slowly over speed bumps, and at the bottom of steep ramps in multi storey car parks) he said he made out no one told him the conditions id heard the noise, all they had bothered to write down on the job sheet was creaking suspension , i explained the conditions 3 weeks ago to them when making the booking over the phone, he just shrugged his shoulders and said " i just do what it says on the job sheet "

great communications between staff at benfield leeds.

what a joke when a lady phoned me from the dealer the day before it was booked in, just to confirm things.

"just confirming your cars in tomorrow for a service " NO its a mot and new alloy and the above mentioned noises. " ere ok you are booked in for 8am" NO i booked in for 830. "ere ok, you are leaving your car with us all day" NO i am waiting for the car as i told service when i phoned. great service from benfield toyota leeds :ffs:

Doesn't it just make you more angry when they say things like "even lexus cars creak on full lock" and "the suspension will make noises due to there being so many moving parts"... grr... I see no difference in customer service between Renault dealers I used to use and Toyota. At least with Renault one got to talk to and go for a drive with a technician, at my dealer all i get is the workshop controller who claims everything is normal and is too business orientated and does things in the best interests for the franchise he works for and not the customer. In a way I don't blame him, he's probably used to years of trouble free toyotas, until these newer ones came along with a whole host of issues! My issues are with Toyota, and my dealer. :crybaby:

customer relations gave me the autoresponse return email to my complaint at 6am on friday the 11th telling me to give up to 3 working days for a reply, well 3 days was up this morning, will give them one more day before contacting them again. has anybody on here had any dealings with customer relations tgb and how long did it take for a email reply to a complaint ?

jack the car up remove the plates that hold the anti roll bar D bushes in remove the D bushes grease up the inside of the bush and rebuild and if by magic the noise will defo be away........

fixed many of these...

i would take your advice and try what you say, but im no mechanic, and wouldnt have a clue where the parts you mention are, or how to remove them :unsure:

if you jack up the car and follow the anti roll bar along the sub frame you will see a plate thats held on with 4 17 or 19mm bolts remove this and you will get to the d bushes...

you could try spraying them with silicon spray first that sometimes cures the fault

if you jack up the car and follow the anti roll bar along the sub frame you will see a plate thats held on with 4 17 or 19mm bolts remove this and you will get to the d bushes...

you could try spraying them with silicon spray first that sometimes cures the fault

years ago these bushes were called silent block bushes,but on some vehicles they are not that silent.

does not always mean theres a problem though.the earlier ones were rubber,but i think most now are synthetic.

at least they have done away with the need for grease nipples.and we must be thankfull for that

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links