Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help!

iAce

I have a Corolla 08. All of my Speakers work. The problem is when they all play together, the front Speakers get a lot of static. But when its just the front or just the rear, they work fine. I was just wondering why it could be doing that.

Any help would be great

thanks

There are several possible causes of static in car stereo Speakers. Blown Speakers, interference from other devices, poor signal strength, or objects pressed against one of your Speakers can cause static.

You can isolate the cause of speaker static with a few quick troubleshooting steps.

Difficulty: Moderate

Instructions

Things You'll Need: Digital multimeter

1 Adjust your radio settings and try a different radio station. Some radio stations have irregular coverage that causes bursts of static in different parts of their coverage area. This is the most common cause of static.

2 Use your balance and fade controls to see if the issue affects one or all of your speakers. To do this, use the balance to push all sound to the left-hand side of the car. Next, use the fade to move all sound to the left rear speaker. Check this speaker for static, then use the fade and balance to check each speaker individually.

3 Examine each of your speakers to ensure that they are not coming into contact with something else in your vehicle. For instance, speakers that are touching a plastic grocery bag can create a sound very similar to static.

4 Turn off any devices you may have in your vehicle, including third-party navigation or computer systems, satellite radios and cell phones. These devices could be causing radio interference.

5 Set the meter on your multimeter to "AC Volts," at the lowest range possible. Connect the "COM" tip to the negative post on your car Battery, then connect the "VOLTS" tip to the positive post. Start your engine and run it at around 1500 rpm. Turn on your air conditioner. If the reading on your multimeter exceeds 0.09 volts AC, the static is likely caused by bad diodes in your alternator.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links