Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hyde Park Corner Installations

simon_6666

Hi everyone

Has anyone had dealings with Hyde Park Corner Installations, a company that installs, among other things, audio and other equipemnent in vehicles

About 16 months ago I bought rear Steelmate parking sensors with a fitting voucher - the fitting to be done by Hyde Park Corner who, I now find, did a terrible job. Among the problems were:

A hole was drilled in the boot floor for the cables running from the control unit to the sensors. No grommet was fitted, so water can splash up onto the boot floor, and the cables are rubbing against the bare metal.

The power cable for the system was tapped into the cars wiring by wrapping the wires round bared cables - no solder was used to ensure sound electrial connections. The bared wires were "insulated" with tape, which has now slipped to reveal the bare wire.

When I complained to Hyde Park Corner they seemed totally indifferent to the problems. They told me to contact the retailer. (The retailer had already said they would not fix the system as their guarantee had expired) My two letters to the Managing Director, Shaun McEntee, were totally ignored.

I am advised that, legally, the retailer is liable, so I have started the legal process to try to get recompence.

I now wish I had paid a bit more and had the job done by a Toyota agent.

Hi everyone

Has anyone had dealings with Hyde Park Corner Installations, a company that installs, among other things, audio and other equipemnent in vehicles

About 16 months ago I bought rear Steelmate parking sensors with a fitting voucher - the fitting to be done by Hyde Park Corner who, I now find, did a terrible job. Among the problems were:

A hole was drilled in the boot floor for the cables running from the control unit to the sensors. No grommet was fitted, so water can splash up onto the boot floor, and the cables are rubbing against the bare metal.

The power cable for the system was tapped into the cars wiring by wrapping the wires round bared cables - no solder was used to ensure sound electrial connections. The bared wires were "insulated" with tape, which has now slipped to reveal the bare wire.

When I complained to Hyde Park Corner they seemed totally indifferent to the problems. They told me to contact the retailer. (The retailer had already said they would not fix the system as their guarantee had expired) My two letters to the Managing Director, Shaun McEntee, were totally ignored.

I am advised that, legally, the retailer is liable, so I have started the legal process to try to get recompence.

I now wish I had paid a bit more and had the job done by a Toyota agent.

I wish you luck in the legal process.

Make sure you keep copies of ALL correspondence (use recorded delivery & keep receipts)

Take photos of poor installation. Send copies to the retailer.

Tell the retailer clearly what you wish him to do.

One question, why the 16 month delay (doesn't necessarily help your case)

Good luck & keep us all posted on the outcome

dont understand why they drilled a hole?? the wiring can be passed through the boot vents......

take your car to toyota and ask if they will do a report on the badly fitted sensors...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links