Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Accelerator Problems Persist

pjgs101

Hello,

Although my Auris was recalled for the accelerator fix in February 2010 I have recently had the same problem that was supposed to be fixed. I was driving through the Alps and the problem seemed to reoccur on slopes when the pedal was close to or at maximum depression. I tied a dog lead to the pedal to release it and this worked. It was essential to do something like that as the hills and traffic required an immediate solution. Has anyone else had a similar problem and if so how was it resolved? Was it repaired FOC?

I know this sounds silly - but have you double checked that the carpet mat is not catching on the pedal, if the carpets okay then you should

ring Toyota roadside assist if your car is still under warranty

Red diesel

I had a scare with the throttle pedal, and it turned out to be the car mats. I had the clips replaced and the mat has not interfered with the pedal since.

Thanks to both responders, In the drive I tried depressing the pedal to the fullest extent with the mat in place and yes it stuck. It seems that because the wheel well is so close and the rubber mat extends behind and close to the pedal that it caught in the ridges of the mat. As I had had no trouble for a year and suddenly it occurs I did wonder about the repair failing in some way, although I knew it was on or close to maximum depression I thought I had cleared sufficient space for the mat, but no.

Thanks again, I do appreciate that this forum works.

Thanks to both responders, In the drive I tried depressing the pedal to the fullest extent with the mat in place and yes it stuck. It seems that because the wheel well is so close and the rubber mat extends behind and close to the pedal that it caught in the ridges of the mat. As I had had no trouble for a year and suddenly it occurs I did wonder about the repair failing in some way, although I knew it was on or close to maximum depression I thought I had cleared sufficient space for the mat, but no.

Thanks again, I do appreciate that this forum works.

you dont say if the problems still there if the mat is removed.ive rubber mats in my auris (find they are easily cleaned with water) they dont foul the pedal at all.but if its just your rubber mat thats causng it then its a simple job to trim the rubber with a large pair of scissors.

with my rubber mats,i punched a hole in them for the retaing clips,so they cant move.

the mats extend well beyond the pedal.

I have seen an original rubber mats fo Auris and they don't go near the accelerator. They have little rubber locking fingers on the bottom side, so the do not move an inch, even when they are not cliped. Just place them correctly after a clean up.

I have seen an original rubber mats fo Auris and they don't go near the accelerator. They have little rubber locking fingers on the bottom side, so the do not move an inch, even when they are not cliped. Just place them correctly after a clean up.

hi the rubber mats i referred to are not toyota.the original mats in the car were clipped in there is provision for these clips on the floor near the seat.i brought new clips for the rubber mats.just put holes in them to take clips.

My mats are Toyota and I have cut a section out behind the accelerator which so far has worked a treat. But I am not driving up and down the Alps as I was when the problem started and consequently not depressing the accelerator fully. (I do not drive on a daily basis so most of my driving is local short trips unless I am off to Europe for a holiday.) After cutting the mat I did test how far the pedal could go and basically it touches the floor which explains why it got caught in the mat ridges originally.

Should the pedal depress that far?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links