Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bye Bye Auris T180

T Sport 1978

Hi all,

I have been a long time user of this great Toyota forum from back in 2005, having owned a Corolla T Sport and to present an Auris T180 but I have become somewhat disappointed with Toyota since the Corolla days and the Auris never really lived up to the car i was expecting it to be when i bought it.

There are something like 2 million posts on here regarding bad fuel economy which the T180 was never great on, but to me the 38mpg I averaged was a fair trade off for 180hp and the car itself is good in space and comfort (for a hatch). The more concerning thing with the Auris is the inherent problems with reliability and quality of build, the number of posts on different Toyota forums to do with the T180 engine regarding head gasket failure, DPF & EGR blockage and how i generally feel the car as it ages has given me enough to think of letting it go. I have pondered on this for so long that i cant begin to tell you how many cars I have looked at online, the Prius and Avensis popped into my thoughts a few times and I was very very close to buying a Prius, but decided against. Fact is Toyota appears to be going the wrong direction with quality and reliability, and to me (a die hard Toyota fan from a young age) is hard to take and ultimately costs me the loyalty to this great brand.

The car that i have decided to go for is a Honda Accord 8th generation EX 2.0 petrol, the trim level (full leather, parking camera, parking sensor, full nav, cruise, premium audio with very good sound, DVD, electric folding mirrors) is just beyond anything that i can get my hands on in a Toyota, closest thing is a Lexus IS250 SE-L. The quality of feel inside the car is so Germanic that you would be forgiven to think it was a Mercedes of old. Nothing creaks inside the car unlike my Auris, panels does not bend nor deform when pressed unlike my Auris and better ergonomics. The car just feels like quality. I have driven and spent time with equivalently aged Prius and Avensis with top trims (T Spirit and leather) but the Accord is just simply better.

I hope Toyota will go back to a time when they designed and made cars that suppassed people's expectations, rather than building them to a cost that meant their product had to suffer, but until that time I will not be coming back.

Credit still though to their customer service which has always been top notch to me, I hope they can keep that up or they will be losing customers in droves.

Anyway, good luck with all your cars and I will be lurking here anyway as I feel I have much to contribute still having owned 2 Toyota's in succession.

:thumbsup:

Good luck with your new car and hate to say it but even through we now own a Honda I have always found our local Toyota dealer to be light years ahead of our local Honda dealer in terms of service and helpfulness (we had an Honda before the T180).

For us its a shame Toyota did not do any cars that suited us or we liked etc because with how good the local dealer was we would have bought Toyota again.

The missus has an Accord Tourer Executive and I prefer driving that to the T180 any day

I'm seeing a lot of people upset with the 180 Auris... hell at this rate I will be able to afford one! :D

Good luck with your new car, having owned a S2K I can vouch for the build, just watch the dealers... they have replaced the Alfa Romeo dealers of old!

Rick - Thanks, myself and my step dad have dealt with this lot for years now... We are sort of double-return customers, so i know what to expect from them. Its Newton Honda Croydon by the way.

Glad to hear that you like your car, hope I have no problems with mine *fingers crossed*

Lazer - I was guilty of this as well, but its like comparing chalk and cheese :) The Accord was built to rival exec cars whilst Auris for medium hatches, still the quality is evidently better in the Honda.

Crass - Go for it, they are cheap as chips now. Get alot of spec and power for the money... S2K is what i would have bought if i was single and carefree and dont need the space, love them.

Well... its gone :crybaby:

Hope it will end up in a good home.

i know what you mean,people say its gone,and not your concern anymore.

but each time i change my cars,i hope the new owner looks after it.

:rolleyes: I sometimes do those free car checks on my old cars to check if they have been registered as written off...

:rolleyes: I sometimes do those free car checks on my old cars to check if they have been registered as written off...

must try that,please advise how.

www.freecarcheck.org

many thanks Steve.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links