Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Smart Entry

acetip

a few days ago someone asked on the avensis forum about the smart entry system.

one of the answers he received explained how the system operated.it was mentioned that when the car was locked,the boot could be opened seperatly,that is when pressing the button between the number plate lights the boot would unlock without unlocking the rest of the doors.

now my 07 (reg 080) auris t spirit does not do that.i have to place my hand around the drivers door handle and unlcck the car before the boot button will operate when i press it.

the handbook explains you open the boot by pressing the button,but no mention of being independent to the rest of the car.but it does mention there is an antenna in the boot, as there are ones in the drivers door and one in the cabin.these antenna connect to the signal from the fob when close enough.

as mine does not operate this boot unlockingso i booked the car in my local mr t.

i was a bit annoyed that the fault had not been found at the 20000 mile sevice and the toyota approved car inspection that were carried before i took delivery,nor at the winter check,then again at its 30000 service.

more so as my warranty ran out on the 12 of this month.

when i took the car in i asked why this fault had not been noticed before,and when they do fix it i dont expect to be charge for anywork carried to rectify the problem even though it out of warranty.

i spoke to the fitter who was given the job, explaing my concern,he was very patient as i was getting a bit wound up about this.he said wait till he find what causing the problem

i landed up with egg on my face.my model has no antenna in the boot it also does not have a locking button next to the opening button,that you can lock the boot after opening independent of the rest of the car.

the handbook as ive said mentions the boot antenna but nothing about the lock button.

the operation of the boot is pretty vague in the book.

it was murphys law that there was no other auris on the premises for me to check out.was shown a simuler system on a i think was an argo with the opening button and locking button on the boot lid not hidden away like the auris.

is was not charged the this work,it was booked as a free safety inspection.

i explained this problem on the avensis forum and asked if anyone has this lack of seperate boot locking function.but had no reply,so i am trying again on this forum.

Hi

I Have the the T180 model and my boot doesnt open the smart way either. I have to use the fob or touch the drivers door handle as you mentioned. My wife has had an 08 Yaris 1.8 SR on saturday and the smart entry on that operates the drivers door, passenger door and the boot. Im abit jealous lol.

thanks

carl

Hi

I Have the the T180 model and my boot doesnt open the smart way either. I have to use the fob or touch the drivers door handle as you mentioned. My wife has had an 08 Yaris 1.8 SR on saturday and the smart entry on that operates the drivers door, passenger door and the boot. Im abit jealous lol.

thanks

carl

HI Carl and thanks for the reply,was thinking nobody else had the same smart entry set up as me.

as ive said that i did not know untill a few days ago that all aurises were not like mine,but can live with it.

but cant understand if the boot opening antenna is mentioned in handbook, but not the lock button or indeed how to use it, if youve got that function.the picture on page 24 shows opening button ,but no lock button shown.

so why mention boot antenna.see page 6.very strange.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links