Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Little Annoying

acetip

it maybe its me,due to my advaned years being annoyed by members who ask for advise on these forums with a problems they are having with their cars,and after several postings by those trying to help,no more is heared.

sometimes the problem is unusuel and interesting,and the answer to it could be helpful to others should the same symtoms occure with their cars.

an example is of someone in the corolla forum fitting a oil press gauge that gave unexpected readings.after several back and forth posting nothing more was hearded from the original poster.

this is only one example of what i consider being ungrateful.

ive also noticed new members join just for an answer to their toyota problem,which suppose thats fair enough,then they never post again.

and theres a posting asking a question about a problem that has many many viewings but no replies which must be disappointing to new members.

please excuse this rant,but makes me feel better.

No, I agree with you. Joining a forum in order to simply find an answer to one question with no intention of further contributing is bad form and ignorant in my opinion. I can sympathise with people who post looking for answers and get no replies but a lot of the time the questions are very unique/ specific problems (or unspecific even) which 99% of other members have no clue about.

I'm afraid it's the internet world where we live, manners are non existant. I can get 10 or 15 PM's a day, most are by people who genuinly want help or advice on parts pricing, some really get my back up, such as "I'm thinking of buying XYZ parts from an online supplier but they want the original part numbers, can you give them to me?" Errrr no, why would I want to do that for you? There are thousands of people out there who not only want things for nothing, but are also not prepared to enter into any two way dialogue such as letting us know the outcome of a problem such as mentioned by Acetip. It is annoying, but having noticed it for many years, I don't let it bother me any more. Anybody sending such PM's to me usually get short shrift!! ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Please and thank you cost nothing and make the world of difference :thumbsup:

Please and thank you cost nothing and make the world of difference :thumbsup:

That's what my Mum used to say. I used to work for a horrible couple at a small, family business, the wife was so snooty and thought she was so much better than everyone else, talking down to us. I absolutely hated her with a passion but all that time I just kept thinking to myself "she has so much money but I have manners and that's one thing she can't buy".

• 2 weeks later...

I'm afraid it's the internet world where we live, manners are non existant. I can get 10 or 15 PM's a day, most are by people who genuinly want help or advice on parts pricing, some really get my back up, such as "I'm thinking of buying XYZ parts from an online supplier but they want the original part numbers, can you give them to me?" Errrr no, why would I want to do that for you? There are thousands of people out there who not only want things for nothing, but are also not prepared to enter into any two way dialogue such as letting us know the outcome of a problem such as mentioned by Acetip. It is annoying, but having noticed it for many years, I don't let it bother me any more. Anybody sending such PM's to me usually get short shrift!! ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

pointless PM sent!! :P

One post wonders are always annoying but it will never stop me offering advice....'.......But sometimes hope that the lack of reply is because the problem they had was costing them a shi#load of money ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links