Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MY24 Yaris Cross

Devon Aygo

Was very much hoping for a front end re-style as this is the only thing keeping a Yaris Cross off the list for when the Corolla's time is up!

• Like 2

My Dealership believes the 2024 Yaris, with the revisions, will be launched first & the Cross late 2024,

Tel

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

This - to me - seems strange...

Although the images and info on the new "Yaris 130" are months old and basically a mix of the same photos all over the Net, there are no videos (that I know of) the car being driven / in movement.

Surprisingly,  just today, I came across what seems to be an "official" video of the new Yaris Cross 130.

This is the "short" version. Other (longer) videos actually state "Toyota" as "source".

You simply need to google "Yaris Cross 130". Plenty of very recent information.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

My Dealership believes the 2024 Yaris, with the revisions, will be launched first & the Cross late 2024,

Tel

5 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Shame the Cross will be that late.

5 hours ago, OLEE said:

There goes my early christmas present to myself

Yaris Cross Pricing will be available in Q1 2024 with production commencing in April 24 and deliveries from May 24.

UK specific press release https://media.toyota.co.uk/more-technology-power-and-style-for-the-2024-toyota-yaris-cross/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I hate it when manufacturers introduce a new facelift model when I’ve just got mine, I’ll want one now😡

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Primus1 said:

I hate it when manufacturers introduce a new facelift model when I’ve just got mine, I’ll want one now😡

I couldn’t care less about new models of everything. 
My Auris from 2010 drives as good as any other brand new Toyota/Lexus hybrid, plus has less annoying extras and I amnot changing it until dies on me. 
Perhaps it’s from the age , but I had learned to like and keep everything I have, car, phone, girlfriend (wife) and only change if any of these break apart completely, or they change me 😂😉👌

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

I am the same Tony, I like the things that I am used to, and still work ok.

All though I am a bit past replacing girlfriends now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

All though I am a bit past replacing girlfriends now.

I know what you mean. 😀

(Having said that, I wish I still worked like I used to - and I do not mean 'work' as in paid employment).

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, dannyboy413 said:

I know what you mean. 😀

(Having said that, I wish I still worked like I used to - and I do not mean 'work' as in paid employment).

So you enjoy eating the blue sweet 

It’s not a facelift, it’s an update with improvements. The facelift will be released in a couple of years.

15 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

Those blue sweets are really good for sunburn….they don’t cure it, they just keep the bedsheets off your legs….😁

• Haha 5

30 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

You don't get many blue ones in a tube of Smarties!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dannyboy413 said:

You don't get many blue ones in a tube of Smarties!

There are places that sells special editions of those blue sweets only, makes a pretty SOLID tube. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

I couldn’t care less about new models of everything. 
My Auris from 2010 drives as good as any other brand new Toyota/Lexus hybrid, plus has less annoying extras and I amnot changing it until dies on me. 
Perhaps it’s from the age , but I had learned to like and keep everything I have, car, phone, girlfriend (wife) and only change if any of these break apart completely, or they change me 😂😉👌

It’s a good philosophy Tony and if I could get some sort of injection or counselling to stop me wasting money on new cars I’d die much richer (see what I did there?) but if you think your car drives as good as a new Corolla, you’re kidding yourself.   They aren’t a bit better, they’re a lot better and so is the safety kit and security and efficiency and and and.   I do appreciate your outlook but you need to find a better way of justifying it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, anchorman said:

It’s a good philosophy Tony and if I could get some sort of injection or counselling to stop me wasting money on new cars I’d die much richer (see what I did there?) but if you think your car drives as good as a new Corolla, you’re kidding yourself.   They aren’t a bit better, they’re a lot better and so is the safety kit and security and efficiency and and and.   I do appreciate your outlook but you need to find a better way of justifying it.  

Yes, It's a good philosophy, but I wouldn't want a car from the early 00's now, just as I wouldn't want to be without an up to date smartphone and smart watch (can't believe I actually have one now, but it's my daily wear!).

I do find it hard to justify changing a car every 3-4 years, I read an interesting article on PCPs the other day, they came into existence to push car owners to keep renewing. The objective being to keep the factories going at full, or close to full, production.

• Like 2

With the shorter life expectancy on newer cars, increasing labor cost on repairs and introducing more complex systems which are not easily repairable by the "village blacksmith" 😉 the factories will continue going at full production anyway 😉

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, hind said:

With the shorter life expectancy on newer cars, increasing labor cost on repairs and introducing more complex systems which are not easily repairable by the "village blacksmith" 😉 the factories will continue going at full production anyway 😉

What shorter life expectancy???

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thinner, water-based coating, poor anti-corrosion, cost factor considered for replacement of hybrid batteries, more and more internet based services which require working server on the manufacturer end to sustain the functionality... We are driving wheeled computers today 🙂 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, hind said:

Thinner, water-based coating, poor anti-corrosion, cost factor considered for replacement of hybrid batteries, more and more internet based services which require working server on the manufacturer end to sustain the functionality... We are driving wheeled computers today 🙂 

The paint is an international thing,  everywhere from ships to your home are becoming water based.

Yes, that is correct. It's more eco-friendly and in general this is a good thing. Yet, it comes with a price - and what previously could have withstand the minor scratches, now may expose the bare metal and let the rust in.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I owned Yaris I, now I own Yaris IV. 20 years apart. I was driving the YI until it failed the MOT because of the corrosion. Yet the engine, with 250kkm would easily double that distance. No issues (apart from the alternator - changed it 2 times).

Unfortunatelly, the car is not just the engine and when the minor things started to fail every month (rear wiper, rear window heating, central lock, starter etc) I decided that the upgrade is necessary. And I absolutely love the new one. Yet it already has some issues, there already were some reports on faulty EGR because of the fuel contamination, there are issues with the 12V Battery. I've seen the case where 6 month old Yaris had to be towed because of the fried electronics after jump starting. There are issues with MyT / MyToyota app, remote control of the car which is a really nice feature to have. Do you think it would stay like this for the next 20 years? 🙂 It already failed for some people with MY20 and MY21. When the warranty period is over, the service might be shutdown and the car will loose some of it's functionality year after year. 

And that is OK, this is the price to pay for the complex, comfortable, safe, easy to use car. But expecting it to survive 20 years, from my perspective, is just naive.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Planned obsolescence + FOMO: The perfect recipe to get consumers to keep the establishment alive and well...🤔

"Made in Birmingham" used to be a byword for excellent workmanship and a product that would last a lifetime.  Once the market was saturated future sales depended on population growth. 

Ultimately the death of the producer for small markets.   And of course the competitive advantage gained from cheap labour and a global market.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links