Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MY24 Yaris Cross

Devon Aygo

The 'model year' is NOT when a car was manufactured, it's normally when different specs of a particular model were first produced, and used to differentiate between 'facelifts' of the same model.

e.g. with the Mk4 Yaris (non-Cross), the first gen ones that had the older infotainment, JBL and optional HUD and were designated MY21 (Which is even more confusing as they stated making them late 2020 but ignore that :whistling1:; I assume it was to avoid confusion with the last Mk3 Yaris, which was already designated MY20)

I think the current one is MY22, which loses the HUD and JBL options but gets the new infotainment unit which has a bigger screen but removes most of the buttons and knobs, and added the GR Sport trim.

The ones coming out this year are another revision/change to the spec, as they get some tweaks and most notably the 130HP version of the engine on higher-end specs, so that run gets designated as MY24.

The YC Roy ordered was specced from the current gen YC's, which is why it'd be MY21 as that's when that line began production; They should be winding down that production line and switching to the new spec MY24 ones, so maybe it's just in the last of that run before they switch, but that's why it could still be a MY21 even tho' it's not made in '21!

Have I confused you enough yet? :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Cyker said:

No perfectly clear.

• Haha 3

We are not the 'chosen one' to get regularly confused......phew!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, hind said:

What on earth is that all about? Tells me about the British car industry in the 1950's, tells me sod all about a French built Yaris Cross in 2023. Tells me North America has a different criteria - so what if I buy a car such as a BMW here in the UK that was built in the USA? What a load of nonsense.

31 minutes ago, Cyker said:

The 'model year' is NOT when a car was manufactured, it's normally when different specs of a particular model were first produced, and used to differentiate between 'facelifts' of the same model.

Where ever do you get that from? Confused - you bet.

Ever since I started buying cars in the early 80's, the MY is the date when the car rolled off the production line.  It has nothing to do with facelifts or delivery dates etc.

If you've owned any VW group product you'd know exactly what I'm talking about because you can easily find three or different updates all in the same year. They can't be referred to as three different model years if they're all produced in the same year ! 

BMW is another - they're always changing the specs of the cars. Before the BMW 5 series underwent a major facelift in 2020, late Nov 2019 saw a pretty big upgrade of the 5 series. It was the previous model exterior but with for all intent and purpose, all the functionality of the new facelifted 5 series interior. It was available in the UK from around December 2019 to April 2020.

Now what would you call that interim car - a MY19 or a  MY20 ?  Or MY19.5 🤣  The reality is, it's both.

Look up any half decent part supplier and the component will refer to the production period. It doesn't say MY21, it'll say fro example production period Mar21 onwards. That's because specs can, and often do, change within a single model year.

Edited by RonYarisX
spelling - becaus I'm usless at speling
  • Thanks 1

Yup, there is a MY21.5 Yaris Mk4 too!

I omitted that as I didn't want to add to the confusion :laugh: 

I'm not sure if all manufacturers use the same nomenclature, but as far as I've been able to divine, this is how Toyota currently do it - It's in all their official announcements, posts, brochures etc.

Regarding parts, I think it's mainly used for sales as parts tend to use the actual year ranges of production as you mention, but even that's not accurate and is why it's important to use your VIN/reg, as even models made in the same year might use different parts (My Mk1 being made in japan vs the more common french built ones is a big example of this that caught me out more than once!)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

Easily done.🤣

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Regarding VIN and production year, if you don't know you can be sold a pig.

After my first SAAB, 8 years I had it a new one was out of the question.  Then there were new prices and affordable. 

We snapped up a milk chocolate colour, better than the clockwork orange colour.  It came brand new complete with rust under the window trim.

Had we researched (difficult in Scotland the dealer a hundred miles distant)  I would have twigged by the colour.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Cyker said:

e.g. with the Mk4 Yaris (non-Cross), the first gen ones that had the older infotainment, JBL and optional HUD and were designated MY21 (Which is even more confusing as they stated making them late 2020 but ignore that :whistling1:; I assume it was to avoid confusion with the last Mk3 Yaris, which was already designated MY20)

I think the current one is MY22, which loses the HUD and JBL options but gets the new infotainment unit which has a bigger screen but removes most of the buttons and knobs, and added the GR Sport trim.

The ones coming out this year are another revision/change to the spec, as they get some tweaks and most notably the 130HP version of the engine on higher-end specs, so that run gets designated as MY24.

The YC Roy ordered was specced from the current gen YC's, which is why it'd be MY21 as that's when that line began production; They should be winding down that production line and switching to the new spec MY24 ones, so maybe it's just in the last of that run before they switch, but that's why it could still be a MY21 even tho' it's not made in '21!

You related to Enid Blyton ?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

I've just ordered a MY24 Yaris Cross, Premiere, Pan roof and SUV pack  in Titan Bronze.

• Like 4

Bob, due when?

I am swapping by MY21 order to MY24.  I must give them a ring. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Bob, due when?

I am swapping by MY21 order to MY24.  I must give them a ring. 

The order form says June....but dealer says possibly a little earlier...oh didn't mention..it's also the AWDi model. 

1 hour ago, Bob66 said:

The order form says June....but dealer says possibly a little earlier...oh didn't mention..it's also the AWDi model. 

AWDi model? hmm cannot delete post, sorry thought I was in the yaris thread, not the CROSS thread,

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bob66 said:

The suspension on the AWD model was as perfect as I’d tuned it myself.   Better than the Lexus AWD I’m in now.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

The suspension on the AWD model was as perfect as I’d tuned it myself.   Better than the Lexus AWD I’m in now.  

Yes...the ADWi has the better wishbone setup, rather than torsion bar suspension...improves the ride considerably .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lost blue sign with HEV inscription?

yaris-cross-my24-gallery-04.webp

IMG_20240301_153730.jpg

Yep, they announced that a while ago. Hybrid is default now 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 3/1/2024 at 2:54 PM, SPR said:

Lost blue sign with HEV inscription?

Came to light last November:

• Like 1

I rather like that emblem.  How much would such a thing cost @Parts-King?

Sorry Don, I was off last week, the only thing I can find is as below, £35 plus VAT. 75441E in the image Hybrid/dot HEV 

image.thumb.png.ca9ad44308c5c2125e56b159439fc068.png

8 hours ago, Parts-King said:

Sorry Don, I was off last week, the only thing I can find is as below, £35 plus VAT. 75441E in the image Hybrid/dot HEV 

image.thumb.png.ca9ad44308c5c2125e56b159439fc068.png

I'll phone you 👍

• Like 1

Bah you're practically next door, just go pester him at work! Bring some pies :naughty: 

• Haha 1

Or bring a couple of Mutlu batteries for a swap and tell Toyota to stuff in up their anchor.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cyker said:

Bah you're practically next door, just go pester him at work! Bring some pies :naughty: 

Yes, he is fond of a good pie.  A gang of us including Kingo once trailed down to Docklamds to see the motor show. It was a good do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/23/2023 at 6:14 PM, Primus1 said:

I hate it when manufacturers introduce a new facelift model when I’ve just got mine, I’ll want one now😡

Same here!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why I cancelled my 1 March and let someone else get one without waiting.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links