Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mmt Box Experience

Geriatric

I know that there has been a lot posted on this subject and that there are a lot of conflicting views.

The Toyota MMT box is also fitted to the C1 and 107 but the software may be different. It would also seem that the software on the Aygo may vary through upgrades.

The first question is regarding creep. The 107 has no creep and there have been postings by some Aygo owners that they do not have creep and others that they do have creep. Does your Aygo MMT have creep?

On the 107 MMT after several months the clutch failed to engage and then came in with a fierce ***** as the revs built up. This was sorted by adjusting the clutch in some way through the MMT control ECU.

It is now doing it again and I would like to know if other people have required such adjustment and if so the frequency.

TheMMT has a separate control unit but I have not been able to locate it. Where is it located?

What kind of device is used to program the control unit?

Yup, our Aygo has creep.... Provided you are level. A slight incline and the creep disappears.

No updates on ours, it's only done 4000 miles!

:thumbsup:

This was posted today by Dinky 5 on an other thread and is relevant to this thread. It seems resetting of the ECU is required periodically to keep the box running properly. The"jerking, lurching and juddering" is very much what I am experiencing.

"the thing we do every time it goes in for a service is ask them to reset the box ecu. apparently it makes adjustments on tyre wear, clutch wear etc on its own and isn't very good at it. so after a few months we end up with jerking, lurching and juddering. when it comes back from toyota, its fine after a reset.

it took about 6 calls to get them to fess up to it being the 'fix' they did on our car.

make sure you have the latest software, ours i think was renewed either 2009 or 2010, so if you have dropped out of the dealer network you might not have it.

hope this helps.

oh, ours is an '05 car, apparently one of the first in the UK. we use it every day to commute....if any of that helps! "

hi - yes, it creeps.

the thing is the mmt takes a while to get used to anyway. see my early posts, i hated it to start with.

it really does clunk a lot, especially if you accelerate hard in 'auto' mode. for normal driving, press the accelerator down but not to the floor, keep it at a certain point and the engine catches up if you see what i mean. if you floor it it ges worse.

the whole thing is a bit weird - when you start off gently accelerate and the car will clunk less. at least less violently. also, avoid creeping - its either 'on' or 'off' - the creep is always a prelude to a massive jolt. same as when you slow gently, ours judders to a stop.

finally, get the software checked. we had an update done a while back, it clonked like crazy and then was way way better. its never going to be as smooth as a proper auto but its not bad.

ask them to reset it at servicetime as well - i just got our car back yesterday, drove it after my above post and can tell straight away they didn't do it. will call them next week - honestly, you really can tell that much difference.

in summary, the mmt box is a bit 'thick' and needs a second or so to understand what you want it to do. if you do want to flog it, use the manual mode. its is annoying given the box hasn't got anything else to do or be thinking about, but give it a little time trying what i have said and see how you get on.

Hi,

I have both an Aygo MMT and a 107 2-tronic.

On a level surface both have 'creep' but my Aygo's 'box is a lot smoother than my wife's 107. The 107 struggles to find reverse sometimes and can be quite jerky when kicking down between 50 to 70mph. My Aygo is almost as smooth as a conventional auto or CVT 'box.

Hope this helps

Matt

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links