Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Possible To Remove Upper Dash Section?

aygoblue123

Just wondering whether it is possible to remove the plasic vent that is located above the radio as I am looking to spray paint it like the removable section above the fan control knob?

I see there are two screws either side but wonder whether there is more to do to remove it, if that's even possible...

toyota_aygo_02.jpg

Any help appreciated :)

Just wondering whether it is possible to remove the plasic vent that is located above the radio as I am looking to spray paint it like the removable section above the fan control knob?

I see there are two screws either side but wonder whether there is more to do to remove it, if that's even possible...

toyota_aygo_02.jpg

Any help appreciated :)

Your steering wheel is on the wrong side! ;) :lol:

Nope, not possible: the vent is an integrated part of the entire dashboard-section that runs the width of the car...

If you want to paint that bit, the "easiest" way is to mask and prep it inside the car and then spray it while still in place.

But you have to mask allmost the entire interior then too, since the paint flies averywhere...

But it IS possible: someone in our Dutch forum has dne it himself...

Just i thought jan, I had a closer look today and thought it was part of the whole dash :/

I'm thinking I might, but id have to have everything coverd for two days as i'd have to prime the surface one day then paint the next,

so my car would be unusable for two days which would be the problem :/

And i would have to cover the entire front cabin from floor upwards as today when spraying the removable part outside that went flipping everywhere!

Any pictures from the dutch forum possible?

Thanks for getting back to me again Jan, much appreciated!

Any pictures from the dutch forum possible?

Sorry, I can;t: just found the topic in which the photo's were supposed to be, but they seem to be offline

and the owner hasn't bene online for quite some time now, so I don't think they'll re-appear :(

No problem just interested.. I think it might glare baddly if that was painted anyway :/ maybe one day i'll do it, not sure.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links