Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

St. Paddy`s Day

Wardo75

ive had half a gallon of guinessss and feel pretty good meself

I see you had a good one anyhow! :P

I see you had a good one anyhow! :P

was on my way to getting a guiness hat with the tokens

got 4 and they they announced none were left, i was on me way anyways, at least im safe in the knowledge i dont have to eat for 4 days anyway

dont know how you lot drink it in in the UK its terrible, its like a croos between guiness and an expresso

Well I celebrated in a local pub here. The Guiness is Dublin brewed (unlike most bars & pubs here where it is UK brewed), and I must admit far better than the stuff I used to get in England. Still not quite up to the quality in Dublin, but it may not travel very well :lol:

Was good I got totaly trollied on Guinness.. after only have 2 peices of toast that moring for breakfast and nothing all day...

Its true the Irish guinness is better.. but the german stuff is the best :) (think they irish stuff is the same as german now)

Well I celebrated in a local pub here.

For some reason we have lost the "location" information from our resumes. Please remember when I say "local" I am talking about the SE of France :lol:

Anyway wanna try and explain why us 'English' celebrate St Patricks Day yet generally don't give a second thought to St George and the red rose of home.

just another excuse to get a bit merry isn't it, the english don't need much of an excuse afterall!

and according to recent government reports the entire nation is a collection of binge drinkers & trouble causing thugs once the pub doors shut..... <_<

I didn't think this was anything new of course... :lol:

Nah, not good enough explanation.......

If we wanted to drink we could all celebrate St George's Day........

What is behind this show of support........

I don't think St Geroge's day is a drinking day, I have never associated it with a pint or two... neither does anyone else I know.

My cultural explanation is that the Irish condoned long ago that it was fine to drink and celebrate st patricks in a way they saw best fit... which consists of getting bladdered with many pints of guiness...

With the dissapearence of national identity i don't think the English feel so strongly against Ireland, Wales or Scotland anymore... (although the said country's do hold an incredible grudge against England!)

As a result it's just fashionable to drink on St Patricks day whether you're irish or not... and even if you're not irish you can probably trace a great uncle somebody who was half irish etc etc

That's the best I can do i'm afraid gordster

-That and the pubs usually have a promotion, our local was £2 a pint of the blackstuff :)

My favourite South African bar in London even had a Paddy day celebration on..............:blink:

Im from the North of Ireland and definatly consider myself Irish. S.t Pat is our patron saint and its the Irish tradition to drink at any occasion, weddings, funerals and most definatly Irelands most important day! :thumbsup:

It is celebrated everywhere in the world and as they say, everyone is Irish on March the 17th! think its just one of those things!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links