Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Urgent Help Needed Please!

Hi everyone I'm having an absolute nightmare with my x reg roadster, could do with some experienced advice. So here it goes...... 2 days after having the clutch changed the car felt very sluggish above 3k rpm in all gears and felt very low in power the only CEL code i had was P01025 which I had kept on clearing with my OBDII reader, as I thought it was just one of the o2 sensors. So here is what I did

O2 sensor changed

Oil changed

Spark plugs changed

The code permanently went but the car was still low on power and on motorway journeys would not get above 70mph. I started to get very worried, this is still with no codes. Here is what I did next

Pre-cats checked and they were fine

MAF sensor cleaned correctly

Fuel injector cleaner added to fuel

Still no difference so off I went to Toyota. They had the car for the morning and agreed there were no codes, they did an oil change and flush. This made no difference to the car but toyota insisted that it would take time to loosen up the vvti controller (this I know is b*llox). On the drive home the car became progressively worse and the CEL came on. I didn't clear the codes but the were related to the engine running rich in all banks and subsequently the cat was reading out of tolerance. I did nothing and took it to a different toyota dealer, they had the car for three days! they told me they had found an oil leak from the rocker cover gasket (hardly an issue) and the cam sensor in the engine was leaking oil. In addition to this a compression test was carried out and found that 2 of the cylinders were out of tolerance.

I found a respectable garage that would replace the engine for a new reconditioned engine for a reasonable price £1000 so booked it in. A week later they had changed the engine but...........................the fault is still there!!!!!!!

They are awaiting an ECU which they suspect could be the issue, but what if it still there after the ECU change?

Please help, I am beyond despair.

Did you or the garage check the main cat? It could have collapsed and be blocking the exhaust flow.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links