Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Seat/head Rest Protection

kimptoc

Hi,

Yet another question...

Looking to get something to protect the front seats - looking at these "Neo Classic Cushion Coolmate" covers:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neo-Classic-Cushion-Coolmate-Black/dp/B003L2F86A/ref=sr_1_18?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1304713276&sr=1-18

Any comments/concerns with them?

I am thinking the grey matches the car, also covers headrest (my hairspray does leave a mark ;) ) and seems to leave the sides clear - so hopefully plays nicely with the airbags.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Hi,

Got 1 to try it out. See attached pictures.

It leaves the sides clear, but there is a single strap that goes under the car to the back.

I see there is some electric gubbins under there, both on drivers and passengers sides.

Is that the side airbag stuff or is that in the doors?

But then what is under the passenger seat...

Thanks in advance,

Chris

post-107514-0-78925000-1305221563_thumb.

post-107514-0-43655200-1305221577_thumb.

You can get covers that are compatible with side air bags and which cover the whole seat.

They have markings on the outside to show proper alignment for the airbag.

We got some from Halfords for about 20GBP.

I'm sure I had to unvelcro the front seat rear at the bottom to get the front squab cover to fit with the elasticated bands, and the old velcro bit goes back up behind the new rear seat cover so it's out of the way.

Fitting the rear seats you might need to feel around to get the latches to release the rear seat, a bit fiddly.

I'm sure there was one shown on the service manual that I couldn't find so had to scrape arms to get things fed through.

• Like 1

Pretty sure the box under the passenger seat on a Gen3 is the power amp for the stereo, on my Gen 2 its under the drivers seat,with the DVD drive for the sat nav under the passenger seat.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links