Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

More Mpg After Service

forevered

after having my car serviced about a week ago (30k) ive been surprised to find my average mpg has increased to 38-40 mpg from about 36-37 mpg it was only a minor service with little more than a oil and filter change, so what do you think they have done to improve mpg, is it just fresh oil and a filter ? pretty good for a 1.6 petrol ? :thumbsup:

Its amazing what a simple oil change can do for your engine, one of the reason i like the "short" service intervals on toyotas.

My other half's clio only gets a gets an oil change every 18k / 2 years if I left it to renault. Rather than turning the oil into bisto, i do an oil and filter change myself every 9k on that car and you do find a better mpg as as result :)

I'm the opposite. I do my service every 15000 miles. With todays oils I personally think 10000 is too short. Another money making scheme. Not just from Toyota I might add.

i change my oil every 3 to 5k never once had engine problems regarding seals rings gaskets etc..

Far to many posts about mpg,if the %$(wits in government would reduce fuel duty/vat etc to reasonable price nobody would be complaining about mpg because they would just fill up and crack on...............

Far to many posts about mpg,if the %$(wits in government would reduce fuel duty/vat etc to reasonable price nobody would be complaining about mpg because they would just fill up and crack on...............

Hell yeah :thumbsup: :thumbsup: . And more of us would be driving around in V6 and V8's. I'd love to own an imported Dodge RAM 1500 with a V8 hemi engine. Screw the ozone.......

But alas that's never gonna happen due to fuel taxes. Getting the vehicle over here is easy. Running it is the b@#$h.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links