Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Installing A Cd Player In A Corolla '94..

eirc

:help:

Hey, recently I acquired a CD player (Sony) for my 1994 Corolla, and I just want to know if anyone can help me a little with some info about how I can remove the panel and the radio, to install the CD player...

I searched this forum a little, but I don't know if the other topics about installing CD players/radios in a Corolla, also apply to mine...

Any help is appreciated. B)

I have a 96 Rolla and have taken my central console apart numerous times to change the radio/cd player. I'll help if I can.

1. Remove ventilation control knobs. Just pull straight out.

2. Remove air conditioner button by getting fingernails or a small screwdriver under it and pulling out.

3. Basically, you just have to find a place to grip the centre stack trim and pull to release the clips holding it in (there are four; one at each corner). Then, unplug the harnesses from the back of the clock, hazard light switch and rear window defogger.

4. Unscrew the 4 screws securing the radio to the dash.

5. Pull the radio out and unplug the two harnesses and the antenna from the radio.

6. Unscrew the 4 screws securing the mounting brackets to the factory radio and transfer the brackets to the new radio.

Installation is the reverse of removal.

A Haynes manual can be a valuable resource, available at your local auto parts store.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links