Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Corolla D4D Won't Start

ahmad1565

Hello,

i have a toyota corolla d4d 2.0 L 2003. last 5 weeks i was having problems with cold start but car would start after 4-5 attempts. Now since week, it won't start at all. i changed glow plugs just in case but no gain.

Does anybody know what could have gone wrong?

Thanks.

check the Battery? is the starter engaging properly? when was the last time it was serviced? has fuel filter been changed? the starter, alternator and gearbox are somewhat common on the older 2.0d4d models, especially in the prefacelift...

check the battery? is the starter engaging properly? when was the last time it was serviced? has fuel filter been changed? the starter, alternator and gearbox are somewhat common on the older 2.0d4d models, especially in the prefacelift...

Hi,

Thanks. Battery is ok ans was changed 5 months ago. Tunning was done 3 months ago, fuel filter was also changed.

Starter seems ok as i can see belts moving . i even tried jump start but it wont start.

Thanks.

Probably a long shot as the similar problem I had was on VAG TDI unit which had PD not CR but the problem was shot PD units. My plugs, Battery, starter motor all were fine. Symptoms were similar, difficulties when cold starting. Maybe fuel pump?

Sounds more like the fuel metering valve (suction control valve) on the back of the pump, it starts to stick and doesnt let the fuel through.

Saying that i would hook a diagnostic tool and check for dtc's and check the fuel pressure on cranking.

Best would be to get a hook up to check any codes out, if any and go from there.

Sounds more like the fuel metering valve (suction control valve) on the back of the pump, it starts to stick and doesnt let the fuel through.

Exactly my thoughts

Good morning,

thanks to all for your valuable input.

Do i need to renew the pump for releasing the stuck fuel metering valve or only valve can be replaced or overhauled?

can i get diagnostic tool online, may be eBay....

Thanks.

Hi,

Just primed the fuel filter and tried to start several time but no gain!

Thanks.

i would try a bit of easy start and see if the engine tries to run if it does it clearly shows the engine isn,t getting a fuel supply can even try wd40 it will try to start on that .

Hi,

i did disconnect one terminal only for few seconds. i will try disconnecting both for 5 mins.

Engine is trying to run but i think its not getting fuel supply at all. I don't understand using WD40. can you please explain?

Thanks a lot again.

Saying that i would hook a diagnostic tool and check for dtc's and check the fuel pressure on cranking.

Best would be to get a hook up to check any codes out, if any and go from there.

Hi,

Can you assist in releasing the stuck fuel metering valve? Thanks a lot.

You wont be able to release the valve.

Have you tried putting forte diesel cleaner in the tank and running a full tank to try clean the fuel system out. Prob a cheaper option before spending big bucks.

You wont be able to release the valve.

Have you tried putting forte diesel cleaner in the tank and running a full tank to try clean the fuel system out. Prob a cheaper option before spending big bucks.

Good day,

i did try Wynn's diesel injector when i started facing this problem on cold start few weeks ago. i will get another bottle and see if this helps to release the valve.

thanks.

rather than getting another bottle of wynn's, try forte diesel system cleaner...

rather than getting another bottle of wynn's, try forte diesel system cleaner...

Hi,

i can't get this brand here in Mubikille. I have ordered forte system cleaner on eBay.uk.

Cheers.

Morning Guys,

i was just consulting Haynes owner manual for this model. In diagnotics for no start, it mentioned " Air in the fuel system". Does anybody know how to release this air in the fuel system if any?

Many thanks.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Same on problem on mine.Recharged my Battery but problem starting again when weather got warm Car starts after bump or Leads on its own Sometimes?Are their any sensors stopping car from starting ?I will try all cures above. :bookworm:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links