Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Face Lift Auris Any Better ?

forevered

has anybody got the facelift auris, after having the pre facelift car ? and if so do you think its better ? ie better fit and finish(less rattles, interior dosnt mark as easily) more comfortable ride,better brakes (no squeaking etc)

has anybody got the facelift auris, after having the pre facelift car ? and if so do you think its better ? ie better fit and finish(less rattles, interior dosnt mark as easily) more comfortable ride,better brakes (no squeaking etc)

ive read that the interior plastics are better as far as scraching goes,and the 1.6 has a 6 speed box (wish mine had)should imagine they will have noted rattle problems of earlir ones and improved the build quality.

I've got an Auris Hybrid, it's my first Auris but not my first Toyota by far. Putting aside the HSD, the car is solid, doesn't rattle, comfortable and a pleasure to drive - take one for a test drive.

Caveat: I'm old and wrinkly and not easily pleased!

I'm coming from a 2002 corolla 1.4 vvti and I'm very impressed by my new Auris 1.6 mmt. I think materials are better than the first Auris. No rattles at all except for a few minutes after you turn on air con when it has been parked under the sun. I think it's very comfortable and I didn't notice any problem at the moment. I also love the mmt transmission even though I think it tends to downshift from second to first gear to quickly but my friends told they almost don't notice the shifts :-) . When I went to my local dealer at the time first Auris was released, I remember I was not impressed at all because of the impression of cheap materials and honestly I didn't like the exterior design and I would have never changed with my corolla. Now that I bought the last version I must say they did a fine job with the restyling, especially in the front, but I think they did the best job in the interior. Now all buttons are illuminated and with tns510 it's pretty scenographic and I really love it.

I too changed from a Corolla to an Auris T.R facelift a month ago.I have also driven the pre facelift Auris. Bit worried that interior quality would not be good and that there would be mechanical problems.Early days as I have only done 800 miles from new but I am most impressed. Interior sturdy with no rattles, the quality of the materials is as good as my old faithful Corolla and well put together. Looks very classy with plenty of kit. No interior scratches or squeaky brakes. The engine is only 1.33. but normally you would never know. Nippy around town and capable of the haul over the Pennines on the M.62, fully loaded at the legal speed limit. Trip computer showing 44 mpg.

Nice to praise Toyota as I think they have done a really good job.

I too changed from a Corolla to an Auris T.R facelift a month ago.I have also driven the pre facelift Auris. Bit worried that interior quality would not be good and that there would be mechanical problems.Early days as I have only done 800 miles from new but I am most impressed. Interior sturdy with no rattles, the quality of the materials is as good as my old faithful Corolla and well put together. Looks very classy with plenty of kit. No interior scratches or squeaky brakes. The engine is only 1.33. but normally you would never know. Nippy around town and capable of the haul over the Pennines on the M.62, fully loaded at the legal speed limit. Trip computer showing 44 mpg.

Nice to praise Toyota as I think they have done a really good job.

any praise would have been more deserved had they got it right the first time.

any failure of mechanical or elec components,are covered under warranty,as they should be.

but patheticly poor quality trim,that marks so very easy,they are not going to replace.

any praise would have been more deserved had they got it right the first time.

any failure of mechanical or elec components,are covered under warranty,as they should be.

but patheticly poor quality trim,that marks so very easy,they are not going to replace.

I totally agree, that's the reason because I was not happy when I saw for the first time the Auris.

I'm a supporter of the big T (my garage saw a Celica 2.0 GT, a RAV4 2.0 VVTi, a Corolla 1.4 VVTi and the actual Auris 1.6 MMT).

But in the Auris face-lift, the interiors feel very solid and well finished in my opinion.

Materials are also very modern looking and compared to the new Opel Astra one of my friends just bought, there is nothing I can complaint about.

You have ALL of the buttons illuminated, of course you do not have those fancy night(club)-atmosphere LEDs, who cares? And also the glove-box is illuminated (and this is not something you have to take for granted, check the competitors). I still miss the removable rubber at the bottom of all the various compartments there were in the Corolla.

I also like the consistence and materials of the seats and, having a 3doors model, I also like how the mechanism of the passenger seat works. Solid and stiff.

So, the question is correct...why they didn't get all of this right the first time?

When they face-lifted the Auris, last year, I think they could have raised the bar adding DRL and LED tail lights. btw, Hamsar DRL kit works like a fable!

I have to disagree,the plastics mark easily and if they are improved I can't imagine how they were before. This is my first toyota so nothing to compare it too. Having owned Saabs and a focus last car, the plastics are tougher and dont mark that easy, most are covered up with some kind of interior detailer but the auris's aren't. I have marks on the door pockets and glove box no matter how carefull I am, can't say the same for the passengers :censor: The soft touch on the dash is ok.

I have to disagree,the plastics mark easily and if they are improved I can't imagine how they were before. This is my first toyota so nothing to compare it too. Having owned Saabs and a focus last car, the plastics are tougher and dont mark that easy, most are covered up with some kind of interior detailer but the auris's aren't. I have marks on the door pockets and glove box no matter how carefull I am, can't say the same for the passengers :censor: The soft touch on the dash is ok.

its a shame if the plastics have not improved that much,whether a plastics hard or soft should still be fit for sevice,and take a bit of contact before marking.

built to a price.

The Face lift has one big change for me - a DISP Button ot the wheel. The pre-facelift model does not have the DISP button on the wheel, but it has it on the speed instrument panel which is very annoying and difficult to operate while driving.

The Face lift has one big change for me - a DISP Button ot the wheel. The pre-facelift model does not have the DISP button on the wheel, but it has it on the speed instrument panel which is very annoying and difficult to operate while driving.

how right you are,stupid place to put it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links