Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Roof Bars ?

CharlieFarlie

Guys I need a pair of cross bars the ones that will fit onto the rails already on the car Dont want anything fancy but also dont want absolute crap !!They will get used only occasionally so they need to go on and come off nice and easy !!

Seen the these ones on the Bay of fleas . Any one used them ? Or used any at all ? Better still Anyone got a set REAL CHEAP that They dont use ??? Thanks...

Charlie.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370424102214&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1424wt_1199

Guys I need a pair of cross bars the ones that will fit onto the rails already on the car Dont want anything fancy but also dont want absolute crap !!They will get used only occasionally so they need to go on and come off nice and easy !!

Seen the these ones on the Bay of fleas . Any one used them ? Or used any at all ? Better still Anyone got a set REAL CHEAP that They dont use ??? Thanks...

Charlie.

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...#ht_1424wt_1199

Hi Charlie

I have Halfords basic roof bars on mine,....but i have a Thule twin bike rack attached & auxillary lighting as well...as pic's below show....i hope

26072010196.jpg

26072010197.jpg

4 Easy locks to undo,the lights are on a small plug to pull apart,all comes off in a minute or so.

Hope this helps

I could get you some scaffolding poles from Big Kevs back garden if you like ? :yahoo:

Charlie.

Hi Charlie

I have Halfords basic roof bars on mine,....but i have a Thule twin bike rack attached & auxillary lighting as well...as pic's below show....i hope

26072010196.jpg

26072010197.jpg

4 Easy locks to undo,the lights are on a small plug to pull apart,all comes off in a minute or so.

Hope this helps

Mate they look just fine !! How much were those ?? and is there stuff in the kit so the rails don't get scratched ?? My rails are shiny silver ..........Thanks ..

Charlie.

Charlie - keep your eyes open on fleabay - a few weeks back I bought a brand new set of genuine Toyota RAV4 roof bars for £51 including postage.

They turned up in the original box from Toyota including the parts number on the side, still wrapped with all relevant bits & pieces :D

I could get you some scaffolding poles from Big Kevs back garden if you like ? :yahoo:

Boffie....in a very short period of time, Charlie will have enough scaffolding round his house to pochle his own set of poles.

Sorry for your troubles Charlie....our houses were the same as far as tiles/ridges went, but we had an excuse....built by Persimmon....'nuff said.

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Charlie.

Hi Charlie

26072010196.jpg

26072010197.jpg

Hope this helps

Mate they look just fine !! How much were those ?? and is there stuff in the kit so the rails don't get scratched ?? My rails are shiny silver ..........Thanks ..

Charlie.

Hi Charlie

They are Halfords value roof bars ' they do the job ' ..nothing more,they were about £30 ,5 years ago,now £50 ! !

The Rav4 fitting kit may be extra.but you do get a lovely soft rubber ' glove ' to ' wrap ' over your rav's roof rails though.

If you go for the 'Aero ' (silver oval finish) they cost a lot more.

Thanks Mate will take a look !! I sent an Email to the seller in the link above and despite the fact that the description says they WILL fit the Rav4. He now says they wont !!!! :rolleyes:

I have a genuine Toyota Roof Rack (ie I don't have the rails you have) which is essentially the bars you are after but they clamp to the roof itself as there are not rails and they work a treat.

Aero bars are a universal standard. They are more aerodynamic but most importantly the means of fixing things to the bars means you don't clamp anything round the bar. The fixings slide into the bar itself.

I'll take some photos of mine and post tomorrow If I remember.

What you planning on carrying.

Oooh toys. I like that site! Particularly those side step...

Sorry of topic for a moment there....

Personally and for no other reason that aesthetics, I wanted genuine bars. Non Toyota (eg Thule etc) are often wider and stick out the sides making it look pretty crap.

Rambler, yours a quite neat fitting but personally I wouldn't want them sticking out any further.

Charlie, for what's it worth, you've got a cracking motor which you obviously take are of given the detailing thread earlier. It would be a shame to spoil the appearance with cheap roof bars.

Weblers

Yep

The bars are quite a neat fitting ( more luck than anything else ) & black matches the windows surrounds,spoiler etc.

I dont think the grey ( silver ) bars would have looked right.

When i added the lights ,they were originally chrome backed,so rubbed them down with wire wool,then sprayed them with heat resist black paint to match everything else.

Personally and for no other reason that aesthetics, I wanted genuine bars. Non Toyota (eg Thule etc) are often wider and stick out the sides making it look pretty crap.

Rambler, yours a quite neat fitting but personally I wouldn't want them sticking out any further.

Charlie, for what's it worth, you've got a cracking motor which you obviously take are of given the detailing thread earlier. It would be a shame to spoil the appearance with cheap roof bars.

Weblers

Mate I will only have the bars on when I need them the rest of the time they will be in the shed. So cheap ones will do for Me. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Weblers

Mate I will only have the bars on when I need them the rest of the time they will be in the shed. So cheap ones will do for Me. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Fairy Nuff!! Mine go on and stay on unless im doing a particularly long journey as they do effect fuel economy.

As such I wanted them to look the part!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links