Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looks Like I Am Staying Jap For A Bit.....

Hou

So I sold the MR2 in Feb and was on the lookout for a replacement, considering going down the A3/Golf/Leon 1.8t route.

Having no luck for months and being too picky I went on eBay whilst being bored and typed in celica

Within 10 miles of my location was a Gen 6 Celica GT in Astral black, facelift model, 11 months MOT, no tax, 130k miles and in in need of a damn good clean inside and out, plus a full machine polish due to the paintwork oxidising and being faded. The guy had owned it for 5 years but it has been stood for past few months

It was cheap, far less then I was looking at spending on the other cars so went to have a look at it thinking it would be an ideal run around

Got there and looked round it with a fine tooth comb as when something is that cheap you expect something to be wrong (to jokes about he would hate to sell me something that cost a bit more). Ran fine, held water and temperature fine, all electrics worked etc so couldn't logically find any readon not to buy

Being the cheeky chap I am I offered him £50 less than his already cheap as hell price and he took it after a bit of thinking

Deal done and got it home:

DSCN0878.jpg

DSCN0880.jpg

Will be taking some decent pics this weekend of the poor paint and filthy interior, then what transformation a full detail can do!

Is that a pic of it before cleaning? It still looks shinier than my car! :crybaby:

Ha! I saw this on eBay and was gonna bid on it!

Good buy there sir! :)

Having seen this 'in the flesh' it certainly is gonna take some serious detailing..... good job there's an extended weekend coming up! :lol:

Yeah inside especially is a tip!

leeky you missed out, I got it for less then the BIN ;) absolute bargain!

I'm sure you are happy with the welcome you got from the "Other" Club that deals with Celicas :)

• Like 1

I'm sure you are happy with the welcome you got from the "Other" Club that deals with Celicas :)

lol.

He's already stripped out nearly all the interior. Nice buy!

lol.

Technically he didn't know the interior was been stripped....... ph34r.gif

Just thought I would stick up a few pictures of what I bought this week, along with how it did and now does look:

DSCN0878.jpg

DSCN0882.jpgDSCN0883.jpg

DSCN0884.jpg

DSCN0886.jpg

This is it when it arrived home, it was cheap so could put up with the shocking paint and the horse manure ground into the carpet! I set to work on the outside whilst two of my friends said they would clean the inside.

DSCN0892.jpg

Instead they took my dash apart, found a hash job of wires and re-wired the stereo so my aerial now works

They then cleaned the back out while I machined the car, I never noticed how thorough they were being until I saw this:

DSCN0904.jpg

DSCN0903.jpg

It is fair to say the paint was shocking, here are two pictures of before and after, on the first the left is the unpolished side, on the second it is the right:

DSCN0905.jpg

DSCN0919.jpg

As you can see it was oxidised and dull, covered in swirls and scratches. Here is the finished article:

DSCN0925.jpg

DSCN0924.jpg

DSCN0926.jpg

Not bad for a day's work!

I set to work on the outside whilst two of my friends said they would clean the inside.

Instead they took my dash apart, found a hash job of wires and re-wired the stereo so my aerial now works

They then cleaned the back out while I machined the car, I never noticed how thorough they were being until I saw this:

DSCN0904.jpg

DSCN0903.jpg

These photo's still make me laugh!

We thought it was worth doing properly!

lol.

And a Rose shows up :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links